[Durham INC] New development items for August

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 29 19:16:42 EDT 2014

Many of these have passed, but they will be coming back to the governing bodies.
At August 12th Planning Commission:Erwin Terrace at Lasalle, both a re-zoning and change to comprehensive plan, since the mixed area goes from urban to compact, on Erwin across from Duke campus, on both sides of Lambeth Drive.Rhododendron Drive -- for RTP-like zoning (SRP) to suburban-lot residential (RS-20), an irregularly shaped piece across Rhododendron Drive from most of the rest of Treyburn SRPHanover Point Sub Area C -- I'm not sure what i means to have the PDR number drop from 4.75 to 4.0.  There's probably some stream worries here.  It is off Mineral Springs Road.Ravenstone Extension -- mostly going county to city, and a few lots along Sherron Road going RS-20 to being RR like the rest.  Probably stream issues. The developers also had a neighborhood meeting on August 26th to "share" their preliminary plans for the development.
A bunch of neighborhood meeting in last couple weeks:August 12 -- Proposal about the lot south of the drug store at the corner of 751 and NC54, moving it from office/institutional to smallish store/mall (neighborhood commercial).  August 14th, the Planning Department had a meeting to hear comments on changing the name of Darcy Court to Elmsford Street.August 19th -- Proposal to change a lot across from the 9th Street fire station from RU to CN (it would enlarge the CN zone at the old Magnolia Grill)August 21 -- A residential and farming community on 287 acres along NC 501, between Preston Andrews and Orange Factory.
August 18th Planning CommissionJoven-Northeast Creek -- mixture of zones from county to city, NE corner of Durham Freeway and Ellis Road1307 Old Oxford Road IL in with watershed restrictions, from county to city jurisdiction, near Wolfpack Drive, no roads on any side of property.
August 26 Board of AdjustmentRequest by the Leesville Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses for a place of worship in a residential area on Olive Branch RoadVariance on setbacks and vehicle use area landscaping a light-industrial area, by the Leads Group, at 308 South Alston (SE corner with Pettigrew)
September 9th Planning CommissionThe Corners at Brier Creek (at US 70 and T.W. Alexander) from rural to planned development and some bigger commercial (CG) with a development plan.  Mostly the property is in Wake CountyBrier Creek Assemblage Initial -- moving from rural Wake and Durham, into city, on Andrews Chapel Road north of Del Webb Arbors DriveMaddry Residentil (there was a neighborhood meeting on this in July) -- from a mixture of RS-20, OI and CN to OI.  It is a nearly square block that goes from NC54 to I-40 along Barbee Chapel Road, and would include the old greenhouse (one of my favorites when they were in operations) east of Barbee on NC54.
Regards, pat