[Durham INC] Forum tomorrow on Durham's drinking water

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 11 18:26:35 EST 2015

Note that the time has been shifted to 7:30 for the talk, but there will be socializing starting at 7
Durham JCC - Levin Jewish Community Center1937 West Cornwallis Road, Durham, NC
Thursday, February 12, 7:30 PM
When we turn on the tap, we expect our water to flow, and that water to be clean and safe.  We get ample rain on the average, but we have droughts bad enough that e have legally curtailed residential water use several times in the last decade.  We've made major investments in the water system, but we also consume huge quantities of bottled water.So what do we really know about Durham's water supply?  The panel of three experts will cover:• The Past -- Milo Pyne, an ecologist and longtime activist with the Eno River Association, will talk about how we got where we are.
• The Present -- Don Greeley, Director of the Durham Department of Water Management, will cover the present system.
• The Future -- Jane Korest, a regional planner for Durham County who has long worked on protecting watersheds, will discuss how to keep the quality we have.