[Durham INC] Urban Planet talk

Will Wilson willwilsn at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 12:47:44 EDT 2015

FYI:

This Urban Planet
Thu, April 2, 2015, 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM

More and more of us live in urban environments. What does that mean for
both the environment and for our health and well-being? Will Wilson
presents the essential aspects of an urban climate and discusses how
they impact temperature and air quality. He will outline the value of an
urban forest and ask whether disparities in the urban tree canopy echo
inequalities in other community resources. Using examples from across
the U.S. – including Durham – we will understand more about the choices
that challenge our communities, and the solutions.

Instructor: Will Wilson, associate professor, Department of Biology,
Duke University, and author of Constructed Climates

No fee; pre-registration required. Parking fees apply.

Information/registration: 919-668-1707; gardenseducation at duke.edu.

https://gardens.duke.edu/events/urban-planet

--
http://www.biology.duke.edu/wilson/