[Durham INC] vocational opportunities for high school autism class (draft)

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 8 05:57:05 EDT 2015

I substitute teach sometimes in a class for high-school autistic students.  Part of their education is vocational activities to prepare them to get jobs as adults.  The teacher is looking for consistent, real-world work they could do in the classroom, such as folding and stapling neighborhood newsletters or assembling pizza boxes.  He hopes this leads to connections to business that might help hime find jobs outside schools for the students.  He would be willing to pick up the "raw materials" and deliver the "finished products."  Because of the diversity of the students, doing church bulletins or other religiously-connected stuff won't work, but I suspect there are a lot of other opportunities in Durham.
You can contact the teacher directly at timothy.alexander at dpsnc.net.

Thanks, pat