[Durham INC] Notifications in water emergencies

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 6 06:26:33 EST 2017

When my neighborhood had a water emergency last summer because the AT&T fiber guys broke the water line, someone came around putting notes on doors about not using the water.  This was for fewer than 100 houses, so if was feasible.

Last week, they had to rely on news and calling the number they had for customers since walking to thousands of households was infeasible.  Unfortunately, some folks in our neighborhood did not get calls.  I'm not sure whether they just weren't there (the calls had you press "1" to confirm you had heard the call so I think they called until they got a confirmation?) or did not have a current phone number on their account.

My lesson from this is to make sure your numbers are current on your utility accounts.

Regards, pat