[Durham INC] Write the council - Guess/Latta rezoning

Susan Sewell mssewell2009 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 14:10:30 EDT 2017

Please take a moment to email or otherwise contact your City Council to
oppose the Guess/Latta rezoning plan. (Incorrectly linked to Publix - but
we all know that zoning is forever and tenants are temporary.)  This
proposal, before the Council on Monday, June 5, attempts to change medium
density residential to mixed use but has no multistory buildings and no
mixed use buildings in the plan. Instead, their build plan takes advantage
of mixed use zoning only by reducing buffer between a strip mall and high
density housing.

We have previously discussed in INC the importance of being careful where
we allow Mixed Use zoning.  Is this a place we wish multistory buildings?
Is this an appropriate location for a hub of future development? We agreed
this location does not meet the criteria to receive the benefits of mixed
use zoning.

Thanks!  Susan Sewell

     council at durhamnc.gov