[Durham INC] Padron peppers, Toast Turkey Meatballs & More at Durham Roots!

Will Wilson willwilsn at gmail.com
Fri Sep 22 08:02:06 EDT 2017

Please share!

Durham Roots Farmers Market
Saturday 8-12 Northgate Mall, Gregson St entrance
This Week at the Market:

** Blue Whistler Farm and NC Poultry Month

** This month we partnered with #gottobeNC
(http://durhamroots.us13.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=0709032306fba6f5f1af6a8a9&id=618beeb90f&e=13cca11b47)
and local blogger Hadassah Patterson of World on a Table
(http://durhamroots.us13.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=0709032306fba6f5f1af6a8a9&id=bc2b0dfac3&e=13cca11b47)
to promote locally raised farmers market sold poultry. Click to read her
story about Blue Whistler and to get this recipe for NC Seared Duck
Breast with Whiskey Glaze.
(http://durhamroots.us13.list-manage.com/track/click?u=0709032306fba6f5f1af6a8a9&id=41a478639f&e=13cca11b47)
Blue Whistler will be at the market with 5% off whole ducks & rabbits
and 10% off ground turkey. They'll have pork too!

While we're talking poultry . . . the Turkey Meatball Panino at Toast is
amazingly delicious. They kindly shared their recipe with us and we'll
be serving up samples! Come give them a taste, pick up some ground
turkey and the recipe card and make these your next meal.

You've been asking for Padron peppers and we've heeded your call.
Bumpnose Road Farm will be at the market with HOT Peppers: Padron
(500-2500 Scoville Heat Unit), Jalapeño (2500-5000 Scoville heat unit),
Chinese Five Color (50,000 Scoville heat unit); Mushrooms: Pink Oyster,
PoHu Oyster, Shiitake (Warm and SH3872 strains), Tomatoes: Persimmon,
Big Rainbow, Pink Brandywine, Arkansas Traveller, Roma, Matts wild
cherry, Hardneck garlic & a few other items.

Chickpea Farm - okra, hot, sweet, & green peppers, radishes, kale, leaf
lettuce & green beans

Dandies Farm - okra, eggplant, bell pepper, arugula, chives

Esmerelda's Cafe - coffee, pastries, Ninth Street Bakery bread

Jubilee Family Farm - Last week for Jubilee this market seasonl!  Stock
up now on jams & jellies. They'll also have herbs buy 3, get 1 free,
okra, chicken eggs, hot peppers, pumpkin bread & sweet potato bread

Red Birds Farm - green beans, sweet peas, kale, chard & okra, Depending
on mother nature they may also have eggs, squash & zucchini, mixed
lettuce salad greens, spinach, basil & dill.

Sankofa Farm - chicken & quail eggs

Upcoming Events: Chefs Demos at the Market, Fall Rollick cookbook
giveaways & more

The above lists are always subject to change, and some products are in
short supply.

Please no pets, other than service animals, at the market.

*** Durham County's Farmland Preservation Board initiated the Durham
Roots Farmer's Market at Northgate because preserving Durham County's
farms means providing more sales opportunities for Durham County farmers
and horticulturalists. We heartily welcome everyone from small and
beginning to large and established producers, as well as church, school,
and community gardens.
We love socializing: View our webpage and follow our blog:
www.durhamroots.org
Like us on FB: @durhamrootsfm
Holler at us on Twitter and stay up to date on Saturday market changes:
@durhamrootsfm
Check out our pretty pictures on Instagram: durhamrootsfm