[Durham INC] Fw: Durham Votes 2017

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 28 06:16:31 EDT 2017

I am forwarding a link for participating in survey about the current elections in Durham.  It comes from Professor Andrea Benjamin, of UNC, who is working on a book project about politics here in Durham.  Her survey considers voters and non-voters.

The survey will ask people when they voted.

  *   If they did not vote, it will send them to a screen to ask them why they did not vote and then link them back into the survey to answer demographic, policy, and PAC/org questions.
  *   For those that say they voted early or on Election Day, they will answer a series of questions about who they voted for in each race. The survey also asks about their awareness of PAC endorsements. Then they will also answer some basic demographic questions.  There are some policy preference questions on Affordable housing and Policing.  I ask about PAC/org membership and voter perceptions of the PAC/orgs.

The survey is at:

https://unc.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eESTqFIUkkWqcgR

I am forwarding this request since it may be of interest to some subscribers of the list-serve.  My forwarding it is not, and should not be interpreted as, an INC endorsement of the study, and you should make up your own mind about the security and privacy of any response you might make.  If you want to know more about Professor Benjamin, her UNC profile is http://politicalscience.unc.edu/staff/andrea-benjamin/ and her e-mail is andreabz at email.unc.edu<mailto:andreabz at email.unc.edu>

<http://politicalscience.unc.edu/staff/andrea-benjamin/>Regards, pat

<http://politicalscience.unc.edu/staff/andrea-benjamin/>

Are you willing to share the link to the survey with your networks?  Hopefully, together, we can get enough people to participate in the survey.

For those that say they voted early or on Election Day, they will answer a series of questions about who they voted for in each race. The survey also asks about their awareness of PAC endorsements (I have all the PAC endorsements I’ve seen so far—12 in total). Then they will also answer some basic demographic questions.  There are some policy preference questions on Affordable housing and Policing.  I ask about PAC/org membership and voter perceptions of the PAC/orgs.

I am finalizing the survey questions this weekend and I can share the preview with those who are interested before the survey goes live.

In any case, I appreciate each of you for considering this request.  The survey will be live starting 9/21 and will close when the polls close on 10/10.

If you are interested and willing to send the survey link, please email me back.  I will send the link to the survey on 9/20!

Thank you so much!

Andrea

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.heraldsun.com/opinion/article168193257.html<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.google.com_amp_amp.heraldsun.com_opinion_article168193257.html&d=DwMGaQ&c=imBPVzF25OnBgGmVOlcsiEgHoG1i6YHLR0Sj_gZ4adc&r=0NF2DJ87JOs8XFmxuVQ7jhychNDjfCSwnfNGW26McwQ&m=_J67um514ZCJg9tCoh4IADV_NZWibJD8RFRiZzbDTGQ&s=sVij1D5PxIwmBC2uxVHAhfMju5PRWHFRITFynpCtIbA&e=>

Andrea Benjamin, Ph.D.
IAAR Faculty Fellow
Assistant Professor
Department of Political Science
University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill