[Durham INC] Additional Downtown Sewer Line Cleaning Scheduled for February 9

Butts, Kirk Kirk.Butts at durhamnc.gov
Thu Feb 1 13:34:48 EST 2018

[cid:image001.png at 01D39B4E.8EE234A0]

Additional Downtown Sewer Line Cleaning Scheduled for February 9

February 1, 2018

The City of Durham Department of Water Management is preparing more cleaning and CCTV inspections of sanitary sewer lines along sections of Rigsbee Avenue, Seminary Avenue, and Foster Street (near the new downtown parking garage construction site). This is in response to a backup that occurred in early January. The department's Water & Sewer Maintenance division discovered excess sand and rock in the sewer main during initial cleaning, and again during follow-up cleaning overnight on January 25-26.

Once again, this work is scheduled for overnight hours to minimize traffic disruptions. We expect to begin at 1 a.m. on Friday, February 9 and work for approximately four hours. Please note - if the cleaning cannot be completed in this time frame, we will repeat the process on Monday, February 12 beginning at 1 a.m. A map of the work area (highlighted in red) is attached.

Motorists are asked to drive with caution in work areas. Thank you for your cooperation during this work.