[Durham INC] 5G Wireless

Ellen Whitaker whitaker.guitar at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 15:35:23 EST 2018

Thank you, Pat, for this description of 5G.  I’d like to supplement it a bit, providing more information on the reasons for concern.  If someone had told me several years ago that wireless technology could hurt me, I’d have been very skeptical, so I understand that perspective.  However, now that chronic long-term exposure to radio-frequency radiation has made me functionally impaired (apparently permanently) I have been motivated to do a lot of research into the matter of wireless and health. My exposure was more constant and stronger than what many people are exposed to, but it was nevertheless thousands of times less that what the FCC calls safe.

The FCC guidelines only address the health effects from short term high intensity exposures that cause heating of tissue. These guidelines are outdated and do nothing to protect us from the effects caused other mechanisms besides heating. The EPA Center for Disease and Risk Assessment reported in 2002 that the assumption that these guidelines protect us from all mechanisms is unjustified as they do not address information regarding long-term chronic exposure.

There are thousands of research papers showing hundreds of biological effects from exposure to this technology that we assume is safe, simply because is is everywhere.

It has been shown to break DNA - not immediately as does ionizing radiation, but over time.  It causes leaking cell membranes leading to a wide variety of problems. it affects brain glucose metabolism. It causes damage to the blood brain barrier.  It causes cancer. It causes damage to immune function.  It affects hormones, and damages sperm. It affects brain function. It has been shown to have detrimental effects on wildlife and plants. Science has known about health issues associated with electromagnetic fields and wireless technology for decades.

I know this is unwelcome new, and it seems that there is little we can do to protect ourselves from 5G, so you may find this moot in that regard.  But I would urge people to try to minimize their exposure in their home environments anyway.

Sources:
http://www.wifiinschools.com/basics.html
http://www.bioinitiative.org/
Click on BioInitiative Report or Research Summaries
http://www.wifiinschools.com/studiesreports.html
https://www.emfscientist.org/
http://microwavenews.com/

Best regards,
Ellen

Ellen S. Whitaker
www.EllenWhitakerGuitar.com <http://www.ellenwhitakerguitar.com/>

—Sent from a cable-connected computer with the WiFi turned OFF
—Please visit http://www.wifiinschools.com/basics.html <http://www.wifiinschools.com/basics.html>