[Durham INC] Economic Development Officer Selected for Durham County Government

Jones, Henry R. hrjones at dconc.gov
Tue Apr 24 15:46:41 EDT 2018

NEWS RELEASE

For Immediate Release                                      Date: 4/24/18
Contact: Public Information Office                 Phone: (919) 560-0000/Fax: (919) 560-0020
E-mail: publicinformationoffice at dconc.gov<mailto:publicinformationoffice at dconc.gov>

Economic Development Officer Selected for Durham County Government

Durham, NC - County Manager Wendell M. Davis has announced that Andrew "Andy" Miracle has been selected to be Durham County Government's Economic Development Officer (EDO). As EDO, Miracle will work to market Durham County as an ideal place for investment, jobs and facilities looking to expand or relocate.

When asked about the selection of Miracle as EDO for the County, Davis said "after a significant search process, we are excited to have found a talented, energetic candidate within our organization for this important role."

Miracle is currently a budget analyst for the Durham County Office of Budget and Management Services. As the County's EDO, his key responsibilities will focus on facilitating relationships with partners that bring quality jobs to the County, helping to identify the most effective strategies to improve the workforce pipeline for County residents, and ensuring Durham County remains a vibrant, economically-sound community.

"Andy's knowledge of local government, coupled with his understanding of these program areas, make him an excellent choice to help us in advancing our focused efforts in keeping Durham a location of choice for economic investment as well as in providing quality jobs for our community," Davis said.

Miracle says he is honored to be selected for the position and looks forward to continuing his work with the people of Durham County. "I am excited to step into my new role in Economic Development at Durham County and look forward to continuing the County's position as a leader in this space. The experience that I have gained in budget and performance analysis will be critical to the foundation of this work, maximizing opportunities for economic success while ensuring that we pursue the most impactful investments with the most efficient use of public resources," Miracle said.

Miracle's official start date will be Wednesday, April 25, 2018.

###