[Durham INC] Regarding affordable housing in Durham-

Freeman, DeDreana DeDreana.Freeman at durhamnc.gov
Fri Mar 1 05:42:08 EST 2019

Thank you Mrs. Rooney for sharing your accessment on low income housing neighborhoods, as I have many concerns around our assessment within 3 years of the last assessment in neighborhoods facing gentrification and the County of Durham's policy to make more frequent reassessments.

I would love to have real action on a comprehensive sewer and water infrastructure  especially in low income communities as that would be apart of an equitable approach to affordable housing.

I don't defer to the state their are real reliefs we could be talking about and I welcome a solutions driven conversation on it.

Please let me know when you might be available to converse more.

Regards,

DeDreana Freeman
Durham City Council Member
101 City Hall Plaza