[Durham INC] Roots Farmers Market at Brightleaf Square

Will Wilson willwilsn at gmail.com
Thu May 2 18:39:54 EDT 2019

Roots Farmers Market at Brightleaf Square
Saturday, May 4, 2019 Market Offerings

Green things are growing this week, and it's not just the weeds! Matt
from Textbook Plantery is back with us, stop by and say hi. He will have
veggie and herb plants for sale. Our other growers have lots’o lettuce
and other yummy, leafy greens for sale. There will also be organic eggs,
grass-fed and pasture-raised meats, microgreens, hemp, beets, Muscadine
plants, and home-baked goodies!

Our special guests this week, the Master Gardeners, will be on hand to
help you with home gardening advice.

Set your Strawberry Alarm Clock! We’ll have a major flush of
strawberries over the next few weeks! At least three farms will be
bringing strawberries to market, and it's our season to turn them into
strawberry preserves, so get your canning gear out.

So, come on out Saturday and see us at Brightleaf Square from 9 a.m. to
12 p.m.!

Offerings This Week

Textbook Plantery: Basil, Rosemary, melon plants, Sages, Mint plants,
Watermelon plants, Borage, Tomato plants.

Dandies Farm: Spinach, Kale, Swiss Chard, Radish, Green- and Red-leaf
Lettuce, Chives, Muscadine "bronze" plants, Hops "Cascade" plant,
flower, herb, and veggie starts, mint, possibly some kohlrabi and
strawberries, and sweet, home-baked goods.

Caywood Farm: Grass fed beef, all cuts available; ground beef, roasts,
steaks, stew meat, soup bones, brisket.

Eight Arrows Farm: A variety of pork cuts such as Brats, breakfast
sausage, bacon, Boston butts, ribs, Pinky Link sausage. We'll also have
our pasture-raised and rotated organically-fed chicken. You can purchase
whole chicken, chicken backs, feet, boneless skinless breasts, tenders,
wings, necks, and leg quarters. We'll see you Saturday!

The Family Farmstead: A variety of cuts of our grass-fed beef.
Pasture-rotated, organically-supplemented Chicken and Duck eggs.

Chickpea Farm: Eggs, veggie starts (basil, tomato, pepper), a few snap
peas (get 'em early!), maybe some kale, loofah.

The Microgreenery: We’ll have many microgreen varieties; Spicy Salad,
sunflower, purple radish, red mustard, amaranth, arugula, popcorn,
purple broccoli, purple radish; as well as Hemp products; oils,
infusion/extractions, rubs, and pre rolls.

Bull City Farm: Bouquets, pork, sausages, lamb, and turkey.

Toad Hill Farm: A mix of spring greens, roots, and plants again this
week! We'll have lettuce, spinach (5 kinds!!!), baby
kale/collards/cabbage, beets, radish, carrots, and a very few pea
shoots.  We'll also have some plant starts: tomatoes, peppers,
eggplants, some flowers!

As Always ...
We look forward to seeing you and don't forget to stop in at the
Brightleaf stores and restaurants, too. 905 West Main Street, Durham.
Enter the courtyard from North Gregson Street, between West Main and
Peabody Streets.

Validated parking is available in the lot directly across from the
courtyard entrance. Make sure to visit the market info table near the
entrance to get your ticket stamped.

The venue is also dog-friendly, so feel free to stop by with your furry
friends, we'd love to meet them!