[Durham INC] The billboard guys just won't quit

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 18 07:55:29 EDT 2019

The NC Senate is considering a bill that would protect the interests of the billboard industry at the expense of trees, local government authority and the scenic beauty of our roads.

House Bill 645, "Revisions to Outdoor Advertising Laws," would allow more tree-cutting on publicly owned lands along our highways to increase the visibility of billboards. It would also allow billboards to be relocated to places that do not currently allow billboards by local ordinance.

If you have friends with less enlightened senators that we have in Durham, please share your alarm.

Regards, pat