[Durham INC] Help save the historic Catsburg Building and foster/adopt Durham APS cats while employing and educating DPS students re Responsible Animal Care

Melissa Rooney mmr121570 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 23 20:06:54 EDT 2019

Please see the following public Facebook post (you shouldn’t need a FB account to view it) regarding the Catsburg General Store building, which *will be removed* (hopefully relocated in full) to enable development of the land it’s on. My son (a junior at DSA and life-long DPS student) has a vision for the building and we have been meeting/emailing/talking/etc. with folks from ECWA, the Eno River Association, and other organizations to enable relocation of the building to land they own that could be used for public education and outreach - irresponsible animal care affects every stream throughout the United States and beyond.

All the information is available via the link below:
https://www.facebook.com/melissa.rooney.182/posts/2671023376264620 <https://www.facebook.com/melissa.rooney.182/posts/2671023376264620>

I hope a few of you can provide suggestions/leads re land donation/leasing, partners, and funding sources to get the building moved (first step) and then to see this project to its fruition.

Thanks so much for caring and sharing!
Melissa (Rooney)
P.S. We welcome *all* constructive comments/questions/concerns: 919.699.9881

Iredell Street neighbor and DSA and EK Powe parent
www.melissarooneywriting.com <http://www.melissarooneywriting.com/>