[Durham INC] DCo General Services Announces Release of New ‘Durham County Recycles’ Mobile App

Jones, Henry R. hrjones at dconc.gov
Fri Oct 18 13:00:54 EDT 2019

NEWS RELEASE

For Immediate Release                                     Date: 10/18/19
Contact: Public Information Office                   Phone: (919) 560-0000/Fax: (919) 560-0020
E-mail: publicinformationoffice at dconc.gov<mailto:publicinformationoffice at dconc.gov>

DCo General Services Announces Release of New ‘Durham County Recycles’ Mobile App

Durham, N.C. – The Durham County Department of General Services announced this week that it has launched its new Durham County Recycles mobile application that will make it easier for County residents to stay connected about waste and recycling collection programs.

Residents can download for free the mobile app for Apple devices in the App Store<https://apps.apple.com/app/id1481279900> or Android devices in the Google Play Store<https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=gov.dconc.recollect.waste>.

In the mobile app, residents will be able to find the recycling collection schedule specific to their house address. The mobile app can also remind you of your collection day, so you’ll never forget again. Residents can also search the Waste Wizard to find out if a material can be reused, recycled, composted or disposed.

If you don’t have an Apple or Android smartphone, you can also visit the Durham County Solid Waste, Recycling and Litter Control website at http://www.dconc.gov/recycling and search your home address in our My Schedule tool. You can then:

  *   Sign up for recycling collection reminders by email, phone call, or text message.
  *   Download your collection schedule into your iCal, Google calendar or Microsoft Outlook calendar.
  *   Print your collection schedule.

On the website, you can also search the Waste Wizard to learn how to properly recycle or dispose of materials.

“The residents of our County do a great job recycling and diverting waste away from the landfill,” said Durham County Solid Waste Program Manager Chrissie Koroivui. “We hope the new online tools and Durham County Recycles App will make it even easier for our residents to learn about solid waste management in unincorporated Durham County.”

For more information, please call Durham County Solid Waste at (919) 560-0433 or email at recycle at dconc.gov<mailto:recycle at dconc.gov>.

###