[Durham INC] This weekend art walk; pottery tour and sale

Laura Drey lauradrey at ncrrbiz.com
Sat Nov 9 14:52:17 EST 2019

November 9, 2018 - November 10, 2019

Saturday 10am - 5pm, Sunday 12 - 5pm

Durham County Pottery Tour 2019

   Tour the studios of 19 Durham County Potters and 2 teaching facilities. See how and where pottery is created and purchase beautiful locally made pottery. We invite you to see where we make our pottery, ask us questions about our process and purchase something beautiful for gift-giving or for your own personal pleasure.

  There is a wide variety of styles of pottery created by the artists including jewelry, tableware--both wheel-thrown and hand built, sculpture, garden pieces, and decorative items using a variety of     different techniques and firing methods.

   https://www.discoverdurham.com/includes/calendar-of-events/Durham-County-Pottery-Tour-2018/93656/ <https://www.discoverdurham.com/includes/calendar-of-events/Durham-County-Pottery-Tour-2018/93656/>

   Free and open to the public.

  Printable 2019 brochure: https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/295ed2_adb0d58a04f240f6b57fcb9ed6f9f774.pdf <https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/295ed2_adb0d58a04f240f6b57fcb9ed6f9f774.pdf>  or https://www.durhamcountypotterytour.com/brochure <https://www.durhamcountypotterytour.com/brochure>

  Map: http://www.durhamcountypotterytour.com/maps <http://www.durhamcountypotterytour.com/maps>
   Locations: south of Hillandale Golf Course, bounded by Sprunt & Englewood.

Potters: https://www.durhamcountypotterytour.com/2018-potters <https://www.durhamcountypotterytour.com/2018-potters>

https://www.durhamcountypotterytour.com/general-info <https://www.durhamcountypotterytour.com/general-info>

Contact 2019 (919) 544-2451
 http://www.durhamcountypotterytour.com/contact <http://www.durhamcountypotterytour.com/contact>

———

Sunday, November 10   Noon – 5 pm

Watts Hospital-Hillandale and Old West Durham Neighborhood Association Art Walk (WHHNA)

This year’s line-up of artists looks to be great, including art for many tastes!  Meet new artists and visit with your long-time favorites. In addition to the long-time favorites at the intersection of W. Club Boulevard and Alabama Avenue, this year there is a cluster of multiple artists on Maryland Ave. You’ll also find metal work, jewelry, and seasonal decorations. Free and open to the public. Start in the 1700 block of Maryland Ave (look for the ArtWalk signs) and pick up a map of all the locations.  The map can also be found at ArtWalk Map 2019 <https://www.whhna.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/ArtWalk-Map-2019-Final.pdf>. https://www.whhna.org/watts-happening/events/art-walk/ <https://www.whhna.org/watts-happening/events/art-walk/>

Laura