[Durham INC] Where'd that NGP rodeo post go? Virtually here! E-rodeo long weekend, show your support!

Debra Hawkins dhawkins913311 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 24 00:43:31 EDT 2020

Hi neighbors!

Allowing for some offline life-oddities for the rodeo committee, here's our
forward-booted INVITATION to all of YOU for an April VIRTUAL food truck
rodeo offering!

Below and on social media are our features of SIX vendors (4 dinner, 2
dessert/beverage) who would have graced our park this week, along with a
great live band regular. We encourage you to check out the info for how
they're getting vittles to citizens in this stay-home era, and support them
this weekend in these challenging times. We need their food, and they need
us!

Feel free to post support or pictures enjoying your at-home, delivery or
curbside experience for this virtual event, and watch for musical updates
we hope to share on our NPNA Facebook space. Please do remember to tip the
workers, delivery folk, and/or musical guests through the safe-distancing
methods suggested or linked.

Everything you need to know (and were ready to ask!) for ordering,
receiving, sharing and enjoying this culinary event virtually is pasted
below and at the links provided.

Thank you for your support for our food (and artist) industry and stay
safe, be well!

~ your NPNA rodeo committee and board (Join, renew, donate to your NPNA:
www.northgateparknc.org
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.northgateparknc.org%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR04bmhnSxErKJOZvSPqHQ7o9EsLu-fMCRJcxGWemfdEnMYy_Te_5F_2uag&h=AT1HXa9HdV7GDREXBKhb0rgnDbPEOKBe1wW8KNefRsNAQW28v7R7s-itQ3yZI0R5pJ1DFR0skV9VcCd_dP0KbOjWLTEMjVcuv9oYGRLmgxV-2YqRAD9oWaeqEUxSTkjQG4dM>
)

---------------------------

Virtual April Rodeo feat. Special friends of Bull City Brakemen!

On behalf of NGP Food truck committee, our in-the-park Food Truck Rodeo
Event originally scheduled for Thursday April 23 is *Cancelled*, relevant
to the provisions of the North Carolina Stay-at-home Order.

Thus per the wishes of the NPNA Board and event committee, an

INVITATION: Though the on-site FT Rodeo is cancelled, we invite all who
wish to participate in a VIRTUAL FOOD TRUCK RODEO/SUPPORT event online, to
show our appreciation for the work of our food service staff/vendors
originally scheduled to appear.

We encourage participants in this virtual event to order food
Friday/Saturday to Sunday Am (for Chez Moi) or on Monday 5-8pm (Succotash),
using the online/phone methods supplied by the vendors for delivery or
curbside/truckside pickup - see options below.

Tipping for both truck staff and delivery staff is encouraged, check links
for digital means and/or leave cash at the door in an envelope for your
driver, as you would when paying at the park.

Details below; let's show our support by patronizing them now – and again
when we can all meet in-person once more!
************
MUSIC INSERT: BC Brakemen wish to intro you to some fabulous musician
friends - watch the list & the FB event page for info, clips & ways to
support/tip the artists over the weekend! Bon Appetit!
*************
The Lineup: Here are the 5 (well, SIX !) April-scheduled vendors!
Savory/Dinner Trucks (#1-4):

1. Succotash Durham <https://www.facebook.com/SuccotashDurham/> - We learn
something very interesting about truck realities right now from our first
April vendor. They are set up for phone (preferred) or online orders! - but
being one of many trucks without a brick/mortar space to link up with it is
hard for delivery services to partner with them. So supporting them through
these times means doing curbside from their truck location.

They will be in Durham this Monday (out of town on weekend) 5-8pm at Realm
at Patterson Place Apartments, 3767 SW Durham Drive.
To order/support them, here are the ways:

1. Phone an order from their online menu to 919 985 6399
2. Pickup curbside/truckside - either from info given on phone order or by
viewing 'find the truck' on their website - www.succotashdurham.com
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.succotashdurham.com%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR19VOAlgR2YeTDcpk4WeVwvu7_CFsCEKuTL9cHcwMvU1N0jsFPOTTAItIQ&h=AT2-3VQQXz2XB0pJ9romvGZLB9IkTWWS-C7mTXerpFOwKy7YdUd0FxQUdSLFiPAqSbFoM8ZbK1CIxCG_MdJe5_NsRwm16hr5YBBEk0nw19Jn3_-ufVJ1ion874JDuZkS7tFt>,
or at StreetFoodFinder.com
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2FStreetFoodFinder.com%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR176X9xcDAuJEVajyo4q1Xy-q5vhkGG5OTFg8pc8U1y0UiAliRyhI2Ct30&h=AT2S-rlV64eGm7J2xfG5sij4hqFXB1ZiGbvnFD9gJ5gQ6jEhJQBDOfOXdFfK70_igOZf1CjvtvPc90CjHdi_eCI__ymTxRkG1C2uI9VfSn3ggOlnsugSgCd1af2LGzZvFxBT>

Other support - buying/giving gift cards - this can be done through the
ordering site or you can call Sam: 919-985-6399.
Online ordering site: my-site-106076-108190.square.site

PLUS, SPECIAL RQ: VOTE for them in Best of Indy finals below!
We are in the Final Four for Best Food Truck in the Triangle! You can vote
for us now through May 3rd at:
https://indyweek.com/indy-weeks-best-of-the-triangle/2020-best-of-the-triangle-final-ballot/#//
<https://indyweek.com/indy-weeks-best-of-the-triangle/2020-best-of-the-triangle-final-ballot/?fbclid=IwAR2tEJcJUCa8ocCPqeftcNX8M3SNRiWcuv8_8qi1piCGY23UIZ_ABqd2HAE#//>

2. American Meltdown
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/American-Meltdown/419369621467973> - The
truck/takeout service for this scheduled vendor is suspended during April,
but they note that their popular scratch-made Pimento cheese is available
in tubs at Durham Co-op Market <https://www.facebook.com/durhamcoopmarket/>,
Guglhupf <https://www.facebook.com/Durham.Guglhupf/> & Bulldega Urban Market
<https://www.facebook.com/bulldega/> if you're Jonesing for a melt!
Bulldega has curbside and limited nearby-downtown delivery options.

3. Cilantro Mexican Cuisine, LLC.
<https://www.facebook.com/cilantromexicannc/> texted to say they're on
hiatus for April but hope to be back on-road next month...so for now a
4. BONUS: Chirba Chirba Dumpling <https://www.facebook.com/chirbachirba/>
has asked some residents about being in our area - until something comes
together, we'd like to let you know they'll be doing social-distance
curbside service this Saturday at Bullhouse apartments on 504 E Pettigrew
St from Noon-3pm and at Solis apartments Patterson place, 1055 Stillwell
Drive, Durham from 5-7pm if you need a dumpling fix!
Dessert/Beverages/Sweet Trucks ( # 5 & 6):

5. Chez Moi - A Baking Renaissance...Experience the Awakening!
<https://www.facebook.com/ChezMoiBakery/> -
So, our Queen of Cakes & Truck of the year 2018 writes with this special
offering for her fave neighborhood!

"Hey Northgate Park! Chez Moi Bakery is offering delivery around Durham of
your favorite truck items & whole cakes....

I would like to offer a * special delivery day * to the Northgate Park
community - Tuesday, April 28th. Use code THEPARK for free delivery. This
will be contactless, doorstep delivery. Please place your order thru this
link by Sunday, April 26th at 10am https://chezmoibakery.square.site/
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fchezmoibakery.square.site%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR3PPEUXzwecTbK-Mxki6dM7flngTr9vHKzXXUJI1Kzv34wHkqzCk2kCW8o&h=AT3jVR_P2TIjle__8uc84ri5naX31Vi1ZEPI5lBCls1mEIklySfxA1BHG-YsumDYFZiJy7oQKzYr40kR5y5jZW97_eJ42P72PnBomK3ghY2t6QRCboRyQEjcyrE7kOqHQquf>.
And,

If you would like to order a whole cake, please visit my main website
https://www.iloverumcake.com/collections/all
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.iloverumcake.com%2Fcollections%2Fall%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR296u0s87wK5suPQ0Dv3wq1VhOLnDM3qvPZFlvuYwu0gjgkOellNmUNKd0&h=AT2FttdJ2qHhCpCewE2u54IKedu2sZURHy716Nc7v_cnnOPqQqsk1HaVgZGH2NY_FQOtHJeCsWcW-FfqrAyVmTiwggdZSgDiZcv1sNdy-LIyv70fgIkG7v9eRmXIM77C0qLk>
.
Questions? rhonda at chezmoi-bakery.com - Thank you & Be well!"

6. Fahsyrah's Lemonade <https://www.facebook.com/fahsyrahs/> is BACK ONLINE
just in time for SPRING/SUMMER SIPPING BEVERAGES - Delivered! Details from
owners Sylvia & Fahim Knight:
Hi All!
Hope everyone is doing well, please stay safe. After many, many a request,
Fahsyrah’s Fresh Squeezed Lemonade will be selling & accepting orders for
pints/bottles at
$5.00 each🍋🍋 with the following:
* Free delivery for 4 or more
* or Grab & Go (call 919-302-9724)
* CashApp & cash only, please
* Also available in unsweetened version, please note when ordering.

That's the roundup to support our April vendors & artists, who are very
grateful for your patronage! Enjoy - and if you like, we'd love to see you:
SHARE YOUR VIRTUAL FOOD TRUCK RODEO EXPERIENCE, PICS ON TWITTER:
#NGPvirtualrodeoapril2020
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/ngpvirtualrodeoapril2020> or at Northgate
Park Neighborhood Association on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/events/2666263196968787/
And don’t for get to tweet, insta, or FB to ALL our vendor’s social media
to thank them for their heroic service keeping us fed in these challenging
times! #Durmfoodtruckstrong
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/durmfoodtruckstrong>
#Durmstayhomewegotthis
<https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/durmstayhomewegotthis>
Thanks all! ~ your NPNA
Join, renew, donate to your NPN Association: www.northgateparknc.org
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.northgateparknc.org%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR04bmhnSxErKJOZvSPqHQ7o9EsLu-fMCRJcxGWemfdEnMYy_Te_5F_2uag&h=AT1HXa9HdV7GDREXBKhb0rgnDbPEOKBe1wW8KNefRsNAQW28v7R7s-itQ3yZI0R5pJ1DFR0skV9VcCd_dP0KbOjWLTEMjVcuv9oYGRLmgxV-2YqRAD9oWaeqEUxSTkjQG4dM>
Like, follow, subscribe events:
https://www.facebook.com/Northgate-Park-Neighborhood-Association-678286752214997/