[Durham INC] Recent letter with application to vote by mail

Susan Sewell mssewell2009 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 12:10:40 EDT 2020

I get a daily index and haven't figured out how to reply in a string, sorry.

Debra - the on line portal now open is for voter registration, not absemtee
vote by mail application. At BOE meeting last night,they said the absentee
vote by mail portal will be available August 27, plenty of time for folks
to apply if that is the preferred way they wish to vote and saving the BOE
lots of data entry and checking time.

I would add that, from going to BOE meetings, I am telling folks that
voting early will be as safe as shopping in a fully PPE compliant store.
There will also be a page on the Durham Board of Elections website that
will indicate current wait times at all 14 early voting locations. When
that arrives, I'll share the link quickly as this will be a great tool for
all neighborhoods to share widely.

Full Disclosure: I don't even do in person grocery shopping so I will vote
by mail and send in my ballot as soon as it arrives.I've done it before
when I assisted my mother and it is a tricky legal document to complete the
certification on the ballot return envelope . With two steps and legal
jargon, it is not a good option for everyone for sure.

Susan Sewell