[Durham INC] Bike Month: Learning opportunity tomorrow evening and Scavenger Hunt all week!

John Tallmadge director at bikedurham.org
Mon May 24 19:33:25 EDT 2021

We had a great time on the inaugural Bike Durham Bull Ride on Saturday. About 30 of us rode the bull around Durham. We'll be scheduling future group outings on the Bike Durham Bull Ride, or you can do it on your own by using these directions.  We recommend that you ride with a friend.  As you know, most Durham streets don't have protected lanes.

Speaking of not enough protected lanes (or sidewalks!). Join us tomorrow evening to learn about City plans to make our streets safer for walking and biking:

Tuesday, May 25 at 7pm   Discussion with City Transportation Staff about Plans and Projects for Safer Walking and Biking on Durham Streets

Transportation director Sean Egan and Transportation planner Brian Taylor will lay out the City's plans for making our streets safer for people to walk and bike. They'll give us the big picture and share information about projects that will be implemented this year, the Durham Beltline, the Better Bus Project, and the City's Equitable Green Infrastructure package. If you care about making our streets safer, come join the conversation. Register here.

Week of May 24 - 31    Scavenger Hunt (do-it-yourself ride)

The Bike Durham Scavenger Hunt returns! This year we will be exploring the four points of the compass, with four different routes: North Durham, South Durham, East Durham, and West Durham. Answer questions about stops along the way to win prizes, including helmets, Bike Durham t-shirts, and gift certificates to local bike shops.

For each route you complete, you will receive one entry into the prize raffle!The routes will be available from Monday, May 24 to Monday, May 31 on the navigation app Ride With GPS.

Once you register for this event, you will receive an automated email on Monday, May 24 with links to the routes. Please complete the following waiver of liability before embarking on any of the Bike Durham GPS routes: https://forms.gle/7kTfPJ7YmbeA7vw86

You can find all the information about the upcoming rides at our Bike Month 2021 webpage and calendar.

And thank you to our sponsors this year:

The City of Durham Way to Go Durham program

SharetheRideNC GoPerks program

Three Oaks Engineering

BikeLaw NC

Coulter Jewell Thames

Please consider making your own contribution to keep our work going.

See you on the streets of Durham this month,

John Tallmadge

Executive Director

919.672.3862