[Durham INC] Watch the June ‘In Touch with Durham County’ Show

Jones, Henry R. hrjones at dconc.gov
Tue Jun 1 12:00:06 EDT 2021

NEWS RELEASE

For Immediate Release                                           Date: 06/01/21
Contact: Public Information Office                      Phone: (919) 560-0000/Fax: (919) 560-0020
E-mail: publicinformationoffice at dconc.gov<mailto:publicinformationoffice at dconc.gov>

Watch the June ‘In Touch with Durham County’ Show
Guests discuss Senior PharmAssist and the County’s response to COVID-19

Durham, N.C. – The Durham County Public Information Office continues to bring residents who are also social distancing important information on our programs and services with the “In Touch with Durham County” show for June 2021 shot completely online and safe! The show is available to watch on the DCo YouTube channel here<https://youtu.be/0xCG8zSYvPA>; as well as on the Durham County Government website<https://www.dconc.gov/county-departments/departments-f-z/public-information/the-durham-county-government-show> and the Durham Television Network<https://durhamnc.gov/1104/Durham-Television-Network>.

In this month’s episode, host Deborah Craig-Ray, General Manager of Strategic Planning and Innovation, welcomes Durham County Department of Public Health Director Rod Jenkins and Senior PharmAssist Executive Director Gina Upchurch.

Jenkins returns to our show to discuss the County’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic. He discusses how Durham County has done a great job so far getting vaccinated, but the need to continue striving for a higher vaccination rate is key for our community. He also discusses the relaxing of mandates by the state and reminds us to remain vigilant so we can get our summer back.

Upchurch visits for the first time to talk about the positive impact Senior PharmAssist has had on the health of Durham County’s older population. She also reviews some of the history of the organization and how they are working to help improve the quality of lives in our community.

About “In Touch with Durham County”
The “In Touch with Durham County” show is a monthly program that provides governmental programming and access to your local government and provides timely, ongoing coverage of Durham County Government. The show airs daily on the Durham Television Network<https://durhamnc.gov/1104/Durham-Television-Network> (DTN). DTN is available on Spectrum channel 8, Google Fiber channel 8, Frontier channel 70 and AT&T U-verse channel 99. To view past editions of the “In Touch with Durham County” show, visit the DCo YouTube Channel here<https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfYjpxKxVJ0FM3sAWsGZZYrGcYz7Mk1Tn>. For more information on the Durham County Public Information Office, visit the PIO website<https://www.dconc.gov/county-departments/departments-f-z/public-information>, call 919-560-0000 or email publicinformationoffice at dconc.gov<mailto:publicinformationoffice at dconc.gov>.

###