[Durham INC] Join us for Conversations on Food Justice!

Merrick Moore Community merrickmoorecommunity at gmail.com
Thu Jun 10 12:22:21 EDT 2021

We are excited to launch a new workshop series: Conversations on Food
Justice.

Register here!
<https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUvduqorDkqGtdmfXmNB44DgVpI0D3JQeQy>

Inequities in our food system continue to disproportionately burden
communities of color. Dismantling these inequities is imperative to achieve
a sustainable food system and ultimately food justice. April Jones
from Pinehurst
Community Action and Farmers’ Market and Phoebe Gooding from Toxic Free
North Carolina will co-facilitate in depth discussions with a variety of
presenters on the following topics:

   - Indigenous seed keeping and food sovereignty
   - Healthy food access through farmers’ markets
   - Overcoming barriers to land access
   - Self-determination and resilient communities
   - Agricultural labor and farmworkers

Register here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZUvduqorDkqGtdmfXmNB44DgVpI0D3JQeQy>
for
the first of the series, Indigenous Seed Keeping and Food Sovereignty with
Crystal Cavalier-Keck.

The series is from June to October on the last Thursday of each month from
4-5 pm EST. Join us for one or all! Email pho... at toxicfreenc.org
<https://groups.google.com/> with questions.

--
*Phoebe Gooding, M.S. **(she/her)*
*Community Organizer*

--
Bonita Green
Merrick-Moore Community Development Corporation