[Durham INC] Durham County Government Announces the Commencement of its County Manager Search

Jones, Henry R. hrjones at dconc.gov
Fri Jul 2 18:30:28 EDT 2021

NEWS RELEASE

For Immediate Release                                          Date: 07/02/21
Contact: Public Information Office                   Phone: (919) 560-0000/Fax: (919) 560-0020
E-mail: publicinformationoffice at dconc.gov<mailto:publicinformationoffice at dconc.gov>

Durham County Government Announces the Commencement of its County Manager Search

Durham, N.C. - Durham County Government has initiated its search for a new County Manager. The process to onboard a new manager begins Friday, July 2, 2021, with the release of a request for proposals (RFP) from qualified executive search firms to assist the County during the recruitment process. The selected firm will be expected to begin the recruitment process in September 2021, with a goal of finishing the search process by Spring 2022. More information about the RFP can be found at Durham County eBid webpage<https://dconc-ebid.ionwave.net/Login.aspx> under "Current Bids" here<https://dconc-ebid.ionwave.net/PublicDetail.aspx?bidID=359&ret=OPEN&pg=0&bidNumber=&title=&type=&org=>.

Board of County Commissioners Chair Brenda Howerton said, "In light of our current situation, we are seeking a county manager to navigate the affairs and complexities of our government enterprise."

Durham County is a thriving organization with a budget totaling $736,007,803 for Fiscal Year 2021-22. For many years, the county has maintained an excellent credit opinion, with an AAA bond rating from both Moody's Investor Service and Standard and Poor's. With over 2,000 employees, the organization is known as a leader in the region and state for identifying innovative approaches to address critical public policy issues facing the community.

For more information on the search process, contact Kathy R. Everett-Perry, Esq., HR Director at keverettperry at dconc.gov<mailto:keverettperry at dconc.gov>.

###