[Durham INC] DCHC MPO Seeks Comment on Alternatives Analysis for 2050 Metropolitan Transportation Plan

City of Durham Communications Communications at durhamnc.gov
Tue Aug 3 09:43:49 EDT 2021

[DCHC MPO (@DCHCMPO) | ?????]
Member Organizations:  Town of Carrboro, Town of Chapel Hill, Chatham County, City of Durham, Durham County, Town of Hillsborough,
North Carolina Department of Transportation, Orange County, and GoTriangle

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 3, 2021
News Media Contact: Andrew Henry, (919) 560-4366, ext. 36419 or Andrew.Henry at DurhamNC.gov<mailto:Andrew.Henry at DurhamNC.gov>

DCHC MPO Seeks Comment on Alternatives Analysis for the
2050 Metropolitan Transportation Plan
Input Requested Through Online Survey by September 15

DURHAM, N.C. - If you're interested in highway, bicycle, multi-use paths, and transit projects for our region, you're invited to give your feedback in an online survey<https://publicinput.com/Triangle2050Plan> on different scenarios of our future transportation system.

The Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro Metropolitan Planning Organization (DCHC MPO<http://www.dchcmpo.org>) is seeking public input on the transportation improvements that should be included in the 2050 Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP). The 2050 MTP identifies future highway, transit, rail, bicycle, pedestrian, and other transportation projects for this region over the next 30 years.

The DCHC MPO is updating the 2050 MTP this fall, and will use the public input received on the Alternatives Analysis<https://www.dchcmpo.org/what-we-do/programs-plans/transportation-plans/2050-metropolitan-transportation-plan> to identify where roadway, public transportation, bicycle, pedestrian, and other transportation investments will be needed in the coming decades.

Residents and other stakeholders are asked to review the Alternatives Analysis on the DCHC MPO website<https://www.dchcmpo.org/what-we-do/programs-plans/transportation-plans/2050-metropolitan-transportation-plan> and provide comments through an online survey<https://publicinput.com/Triangle2050Plan> or by email<mailto:andrew.henry at durhamnc.gov> no later than Wednesday, September 15.

For more information about the 2050 MTP, contact DCHC MPO Principal Planner Andrew Henry at (919) 560-4366, ext. 36419 or by email.<mailto:andrew.henry at durhamnc.gov>

About the Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro Metropolitan Planning Organization

The DCHC MPO<http://www.dchcmpo.org/> is responsible for planning and programming state and federal transportation projects in all of Durham County and the urbanized areas of Orange County and Chatham County.  To learn more, follow the DCHC MPO Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/MPOforDCHC> and Twitter<https://twitter.com/DCHCMPO> pages to stay up-to-date on news about their transportation planning efforts.

###