[Durham INC] Fwd: Upcoming Webinar: NC's Regional Haze Plan

bonita green nitab48 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 15:42:03 EDT 2021

North Carolina has a once-in-a-decade opportunity to protect our iconic
natural
treasures. ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌
‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌ ‌

This Thursday, join a webinar to learn more about North Carolina's current
Regional Haze Plan and how it falls short in protecting the natural places
we love most. Hosted by CleanAIRE NC and our partners, a panel of experts
will discuss the Plan's inadequacies, and offer concerned citizens ways to
advocate for a stronger Plan that addresses haze pollution and makes our
parks and communities healthier, cleaner places to explore and play.

*Webinar: NC's Regional Haze Plan*
*Thursday, September 30; 5:00 – 5:45 PM*
<https://default.salsalabs.org/T48c13955-75a2-4f30-968d-7b0bfbdb6259/b228ed96-57f6-498c-89ae-5b4e94c810fe>

*Back Story:*

Every year over 12 million people visit North Carolina’s iconic Great Smoky
Mountains National Park, where they're met with haze pollution that harms
their lungs and clouds their views. Now North Carolina has a
once-in-a-decade chance to protect this natural treasure: the Regional Haze
Plan.

According to air quality monitoring data, Great Smoky Mountains is ranked
as the ninth most haze pollution-burdened park
<https://default.salsalabs.org/T1c2326b8-754d-4ba1-85d1-26d4912c2fdf/b228ed96-57f6-498c-89ae-5b4e94c810fe>
in the United States. Haze pollution comes from coal plants, industrial
facilities, vehicles, and other sources and is made up of the same
pollutants that harm people’s health. The NC Division of Air Quality (DAQ)
is currently updating its 10-year Regional Haze Plan with the goal of
making reasonable progress toward improving air quality and visibility in
Class 1 areas (like Joyce-Kilmer-Slickrock and Linville Gorge Wilderness
Areas and Great Smoky Mountains National park). But despite clear authority
to fully review all the pollution-causing haze and all polluting sources in
the state, DAQ has chosen to ignore nitrogen oxides, particulate matter,
and over 26 haze-polluting facilities, including major coal plants.

I hope you'll join CleanAIRE NC and our partners at the National Parks
Conservation Association, Sierra Club, and Environment North Carolina for
this important discussion. Together, we can ensure that North Carolina’s
most treasured natural places are safe and healthy for millions to enjoy
now and for future generations.
Register Now
<https://default.salsalabs.org/Tfa7331ff-a827-43a9-a274-eeead247f5e8/b228ed96-57f6-498c-89ae-5b4e94c810fe>

Support Our Work

100% of your donation will go towards fighting pollution and climate change.
Make a Donation Today!
<https://default.salsalabs.org/T9896bb32-df86-4538-8bee-20c954009de9/b228ed96-57f6-498c-89ae-5b4e94c810fe>

*CleanAIRE NC*
PO Box 5311  | Charlotte, North Carolina 28299
704-307-9528 | connect at cleanairenc.org
<https://default.salsalabs.org/T5309113a-6d5a-4a2c-b3a5-33cfe028a1cb/b228ed96-57f6-498c-89ae-5b4e94c810fe>

Having trouble viewing this email? View it in your web browser
<https://cleanairenc.salsalabs.org/eventnchazerulewebinar?wvpId=b228ed96-57f6-498c-89ae-5b4e94c810fe>
Unsubscribe
<https://cleanairenc.salsalabs.org/manage-your-subscription?eId=1f48ae65-b2fd-44f2-a29a-30748be68db0&eType=EmailBlastContent&sId=b228ed96-57f6-498c-89ae-5b4e94c810fe>
or Manage Your Preferences