[Durham INC] Fwd: Weekly Newsletter: October 12

bonita green nitab48 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 19:10:25 EDT 2021

Updates from the LATIN-19 community; Agenda for 10/13
[image: Updates from the LATIN-19 community; Agenda for 10/13]
[image: LATIN-19 Logo] <https://t.e2ma.net/click/auq1rg/mrojumf/y46vi1>
Weekly Newsletter | 10.12.21

Current Facts and Figures

   - Number of vaccines given at LATIN-19 clinics — 12,431
   - Percentage of NC population (ages 12 +) at least partially vaccinated
   — 68%
   - Percentage of people partially vaccinated in NC who identify as
   Hispanic — 9%
   - Hispanic population in NC — 9.8%
   - Percentage of Hispanic COVID-19 cases in NC — 18%

*We use the term Hispanic to be consistent with the official NC DHHS
Dashboard <https://t.e2ma.net/click/auq1rg/mrojumf/up8vi1>

Agenda for 10.13.21

1.* Jennifer Maddocks*, Duke Health Digital Strategy Office: Update on Duke
MyChart Spanish Translation
2. *Dr. Chip Walter*, Duke Department of Pediatrics: Update on Vaccines for
Kids Under 12
3. Updates from the LATIN-19 Executive Team
Join the Zoom Meeting <https://t.e2ma.net/click/auq1rg/mrojumf/ai9vi1>

Use password "LATIN19"
Weekly Meeting Minutes
We keep a record of meeting minutes for all Wednesday meetings in a Google
Drive folder. This folder also contains slide presentations and other
useful PDFs.
View Meeting Minutes <https://t.e2ma.net/click/auq1rg/mrojumf/qaawi1>

Give Your Thoughts and Ideas
We welcome your feedback about weekly meetings, ongoing initiatives, and
organizational priorities. You are also welcome to submit news and
announcements to be shared with our broader community.
Submit a Form <https://t.e2ma.net/click/auq1rg/mrojumf/62awi1>

News and Announcements

Vaccine Appointments and Walk-Ins
We're working to support mobile clinics across the Triangle. You can view our
spreadsheet <https://t.e2ma.net/click/auq1rg/mrojumf/mvbwi1> to see
upcoming vaccine clinics for the Latina community. You are welcome to share
this resource with others. If you would like to add a clinic, please submit
the information to hola at latin19.org
<hola at latin19.org?subject=Vaccine%20Clinic>

Duke Caregiver Support Program Meeting
October 26 | Register Online
<https://t.e2ma.net/click/auq1rg/mrojumf/2ncwi1>
This free, one-day event will be available in English and Spanish. You'll
participate in online educational sessions and have opportunities to
connect with valuable resources in our community. You'll gain a better
understanding of resilience and well-being, financial assistance, and more.

ABC Science Collaborative: Effects of COVID-19 on School-Aged Children and
Their Families
Do you want to help your community learn more about COVID-19? We are
looking for survey participants and forms are available in English and
Spanish. Your participation may help schools, local public health
officials, and national leaders understand where communities could benefit
most from support. You may be compensated for your time.
Sign up online <https://t.e2ma.net/click/auq1rg/mrojumf/igdwi1>

Call for Applications from Community-Based Organizations
The Institute for Emerging Issues (IEI) at NC State University is seeking
applications from NC community-based organizations that are improving
postsecondary (post-high school) educational attainment rates, especially
for students from groups with historically lower levels of completion.
Those selected will join IEI’s “Educational Attainment” cohort.
Learn more and apply online <https://t.e2ma.net/click/auq1rg/mrojumf/y8dwi1>

Register: NC Latin American Film Festival Event
October 18 | 7 p.m. | Carolina Theatre of Durham, 309 W Morgan St
LATIN-19 will be honored at this year's festival with a special
presentation of "Heroes of the Pandemic | Heroes de la Pandemia". This
event is free and open to the public. If you are interested in attending,
please complete the online registration form
<https://t.e2ma.net/click/auq1rg/mrojumf/e1ewi1>.
[image: Twitter] <https://t.e2ma.net/click/auq1rg/mrojumf/utfwi1> [image:
Facebook] <https://t.e2ma.net/click/auq1rg/mrojumf/amgwi1>

latin19.org
hola at latin19.org
*Share this email:*
[image: Email] <https://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/e/auq1rg/mrojumf> [image:
Twitter] <https://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/t/auq1rg/mrojumf> [image:
Facebook] <https://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/f/auq1rg/mrojumf> [image:
LinkedIn] <https://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/l/auq1rg/mrojumf>
*Manage*
<https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/1939847/1928592/392631696/11643536784/?s=WNV23GVitksyKFyGFgw8umz-8-WvbfgP9VnTMNONlLM>
your preferences | *Opt out*
<https://t.e2ma.net/optout/auq1rg/mrojumf?s=RX3N1YtXk0-pQqeNZj_EwpxpPpq9w8TadHOIfuonxjM&r=aHR0cHM6Ly9hcHAuZTJtYS5uZXQvYXBwMi9hdWRpZW5jZS9vcHRfb3V0LzE5Mzk4NDcvMTkyODU5Mi8xMTY0MzUzNjc4NC8_cz01ZFNIVnlGMFRNUG5MUDZOSzJDOWJ6akhUWHA1T3lqVFV5TVY4SkpETmFn>
using *TrueRemove*™
Got this as a forward? *Sign up*
<https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/1939847/1928592.392631696/> to
receive our future emails.
View this email *online* <https://t.e2ma.net/message/auq1rg/mrojumf>.
2301 Erwin Road
Durham, NC | 27705 US <#m_2199939864396085981_m_4124938963808621235_>
This email was sent to merrickmoorecommunity at gmail.com.
*To continue receiving our emails, add us to your address book.*
<http://merrickmoorecommunity@gmail.com>

[image: powered by emma] <https://t.e2ma.net/click/auq1rg/mrojumf/qehwi1>

--
Bonita Green
Merrick-Moore Community Development Corporation