[Durham INC] What is the SWCD? (and why you should care about the petition I requested you sign)

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 2 17:27:38 EST 2021

Historically, SWCD were initiated in response to the dust bowl and worked with farmers to do contour farming, no-till practices and other ways to reduce erosion.  They are sort of text book of federalism working: The national government provides research and funds, the state provides regional expertise and the district (usually a county-wide organization) has a local board that hires staff, does the detail in policy.