[Durham INC] Fwd: ACH Fraud

bonita green nitab48 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 20:49:54 EST 2021

Watts-Hillandale was recently the victim of ACH Fraud.  ACH is an automated
clearing house for banking transactions.  It is the modern version of “wire
transfers.”  In Watts-Hillandale’s case someone set up fake ACH transfers
from our bank account and in three transactions in fairly quick succession
they pulled more than $4,000 from our account.  We assume that they started
small to test what they could get. Each subsequent withdrawal was more than
the one before. Asking for too much or overdrawing us would have alerted
anti-fraud mechanisms.  Please check your accounts very regularly.

Read this short article:

https://bif-law.com/lawyer/2016/06/22/Business-Law/What-Can-Business-Owners-do-to-Prevent-Loss-from-ACH-Bank-Fraud-_bl25488.htm

Tom