[Durham INC] Best of the Urban Institute’s 2021 events

bonita green nitab48 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 17:32:31 EST 2021

Web Version
<https://view.news.urban.org/?qs=bea3c79283a1a51cb8367b736c3b820ede81d59292963bf578c3921611ef30024bc77a49fd9028acb0b15b0907052ea3f0713b4a6ff02e669018384c58719a79b8598dac0b8c60744ac6b56e3a5dbbfc>

[image: Elevate The Debate]
<https://click.news.urban.org/?qs=1581b744a0bb21fed6611318b964fbdc33a2ef4b8cd9a54bd99bfe95b31e313f9a1ad73abe1bf85b629dcae3179adec17aa3c876022a0a7b>
Urban Institute Events
<https://click.news.urban.org/?qs=1581b744a0bb21fe2cff1fd68d358071c6540d1cc878f8dbe45c928fe92d72b5a1e376229e8b8ed37c3f8244d3736ed12127730ad77bfc1a>

This year, the Urban Institute hosted more than 100 public events elevating
evidence-informed research and analyses from our researchers and
changemakers. Our top events of the year feature a conversation with Julián
Castro on advancing fair housing, a discussion with international
disability rights activist Judy Heumann, and a program sharing the
remarkable results of the Denver Supportive Housing Social Impact Bond
Initiative. Our events were a platform for incredibly timely and important
discussions that affect our communities. Click below to see the recordings
of our most interesting and influential events of 2021.

To stay up to date on our 2022 events, sign up for our newsletters and
event updates
<https://click.news.urban.org/?qs=1581b744a0bb21fedbed934c4eb1da6c5d5403232e1a443d5fcb0eeb901e5735fabdda86d1857228a5b061b6695a9d827ff33b660eae0db4>
.
------------------------------
*Advancing Fair Housing and Racial Equity through Federal Housing Policy
<https://click.news.urban.org/?qs=d8ea1d3f0b8c4f259616a8dedc892140a72bbe43e5a6fd8c16ffc0ebc141beadab10dfe09600050fc14a2e7e4bf6498b8c9106825ce10cc4>*
As part of the Evidence to Action series,
<https://click.news.urban.org/?qs=d8ea1d3f0b8c4f25c14f038e7937e9af227d78d20083bbd3f55a5e408a510c34c1ad9a1eee5964db5238c2ca765c8c2acbbe37d84f5b3b6d>
Urban Institute president Sarah Rosen Wartell spoke with Julián Castro,
former secretary of the US Department of Housing and Urban Development,
about how the Biden administration can fulfill its obligations under the
Fair Housing Act and close equity gaps in housing. Their conversation was
followed by a panel discussion of housing experts.
------------------------------
*The State of Apprenticeship during the COVID-19 Pandemic: Reports from
Seven Countries
<https://click.news.urban.org/?qs=d8ea1d3f0b8c4f2596a9566d66f15b2c6bfe9030b5add73701f358bd76abb5c8800932756582dabf3dae7f7b824ebe743702dade595370e4>*
This event focused on trends in seven countries across East Asia, Europe,
and North America. The International Network on Innovative Apprenticeship
scholars presented new research findings and had productive exchanges about
real-world apprenticeship practices.
------------------------------
*In Conversation with International Disability Rights Activist Judy Heumann
<https://click.news.urban.org/?qs=d8ea1d3f0b8c4f25af931cf89fdad770b5529c60a12176853314ab431ca519f0bce3f8a9a7bd2cdf9d93c5b4c629a770dca5b0ca9eda5c1d>*
In honor of the 31st anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act,
Judy Heumann, an international disability rights activist, spoke with Urban
staff about the history and future of the disability rights movement.
------------------------------
*Breaking the Homelessness-Jail Cycle with Housing First: Results from the
Denver Supportive Housing Social Impact Bond Initiative
<https://click.news.urban.org/?qs=d8ea1d3f0b8c4f259929308322e8480b275fa9f455d02b3a7d616ffc54154a72139a82069d03dbd9e7569afec27a16d11cbbaffe4593ed59>*
The Urban Institute and the City of Denver convened a panel of experts to
discuss the results from the five-year Denver Supportive Housing Social
Impact Bond Initiative. The panel examined the implementation of the
initiative and the implications of its success.
------------------------------
*Supporting Young Parents in Foster Care
<https://click.news.urban.org/?qs=d8ea1d3f0b8c4f2507bd4382b22c7169042a4a91b51f85c839794b7e00749d28ccd7ff67fe7bcc4d31a2166bb40d3d25db906b106cab11c1>*
Speakers discussed the findings from the development of a learning agenda
on the needs of young parents in foster care. A panel of child welfare
professionals and young parents with lived experience explored how child
welfare systems could address young parents’ needs.
------------------------------
*Reflections on the 2020 Census: Accuracy, Fairness, and Implications for
the Decade Ahead
<https://click.news.urban.org/?qs=d8ea1d3f0b8c4f2599247c1c279f7490435f7699192f43d70b5cff9f36b3345285b374ed55ecf76b8e0557f78776f15edc6e900286e99cb8>*
This virtual event presented just-released findings that studied the
accuracy and fairness of the 2020 Census. Panelists discussed the 2020
Census count, the challenges encountered and ways they were addressed, and
what we know about the count’s accuracy and fairness for the decade ahead.
------------------------------
[image: Facebook]
<https://click.news.urban.org/?qs=d8ea1d3f0b8c4f251121544486c9315b90d4fd4c5d785e5fd3a31f17255b466ff213549a27336569d7870620857f2daa6fe2609002897345>
<https://click.news.urban.org/?qs=d8ea1d3f0b8c4f25f0f6963254ba612f0db85b03357450dd885544012abb645de04e12c18a30efed374fa3cecc3de576e1e8f3533b3ccfd3>
[image: LinkedIn]
<https://click.news.urban.org/?qs=d8ea1d3f0b8c4f257470be3eff240bb2576f7e6ee20f1914002b8115979e647110c3a4befb963e66443f1d8534b8a31377d94d8f132542ef>
[image: YouTube]
<https://click.news.urban.org/?qs=3ec3046f75240bf3d7c37c705fbbbebbf08146cbadd0ccb293c5a5af3f4fd023dc4bf7469cfda3caea8dfb9d7aea1083c7839bce68f8a6b6>

Update Profile
<https://click.news.urban.org/profile_center.aspx?qs=4a743753208039571c60f4684de5b257ef23ec7a24cc95162a72ee850f229ff2c8f6e505ecd7339df9ab616509ac5e577fe4f0a8725ef2fe68e5562a0866be8f3ec1be0ba7b15793>
      Manage Subscriptions
<https://click.news.urban.org/subscription_center.aspx?qs=4a7437532080395756ea6b5406031dce16acbce7f7f68ac9a279e88d0faf0b089beea7711ac0b71d88190ea906d75c958d6baa0c74d1854165c50728b4720a777f5a3d2272b58340>

--
be a kind human
Bonita Green