[Durham INC] Fwd: Fake News Real Problem Certificate of Attendance

bonita green nitab48 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 08:57:42 EST 2021

Hi,

I recently attended  *NABJ-RDU's* virtual event, *Fake News, Real Problems:
How to Spot Misinformation*. This is really good information shared below.

To help you further spot misinformation and fake news, here's a list of
resources provided by our event partner, NC Local News Workshop
<https://www.elon.edu/u/nclnw/>,

   - Tips for Spotting Misinformation
   <https://jamboard.google.com/d/1UDILl2AAYz9WzTu0NVusN7BePcn9K4Q7UYL5FWH-SCI/edit?usp=sharing>:
   Our interactive tipsheet rom the workshop
   - 10 Quick Ways to Spot and Stop Fake News Online
   <https://www.mcafee.com/blogs/family-safety/10-quick-ways-spot-fake-news-online/>
   - 7 Ways to avoid becoming a misinformation superspreader
   <https://theconversation.com/7-ways-to-avoid-becoming-a-misinformation-superspreader-157099>
   - 22 Interview Questions to Complicate the Narrative
   <https://s3.amazonaws.com/sjn-static/CTN_Interview_Qs.pdf>
   - How to Talk to Friends & Family Who Share Misinformation
   <https://pen.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/What_to_Expect_2020_How_to_Talk_to_Friends_and_Family.pdf>

If you want to see a replay of the panel discussion, head to the NABJ-RDU
<https://www.facebook.com/nabjrdu>Facebook fan page. You will find the
posted replay here: https://fb.watch/9_qZP9Nz0D/

Please share the post and leave us a comment. Your engagement is really
appreciated. And don't forget to follow our page.

Thanks again for participating in our event. Happy Holidays!

Cordially,
Fake News, Real Problems Virtual Event Producer
NABJ-RDU
Alice Fuller