[Durham INC] Emergency Rental Assistance: Email City Council by 12/20/21 (& speak on 12/21/21)

bonita green nitab48 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 13:57:20 EST 2021

From: Jim Svara <svarajh at gmail.com>

Lorisa and all,

Thanks for sharing information about the Council meetings.  I know that
several of you observed the Council Work Session on Dec. 21.  In case you
missed it, I made notes about the council member statements at the regular
meeting on Dec. 20 and the Work Session.  They are attached.  There appears
to be clear support for protecting tenants and improving the complaint
process.  The NIS assessment of the discussion at the Work Session on Jan.
6 will be very important.  The Neighborhood Improvement Services Department
will give responses to the Bull City Tenants United (BCTU) proposals and
the proposed Tenants Bill of Rights.

If there are important points that I have missed, please let me know.

I am also attaching the Durham Herald Sun (and N&O) article on supporting
tenants that was published on Monday, Dec. 27.   It is distressing to see
that it takes the local press a week to cover an important event and
council meetings.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Svara