[Durham INC] Update re state's override of Phoebe Gooding's appointment to Durham's SWCD

Melissa Rooney eddietheelectron at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 15:00:29 EST 2022

It appears that, at their meeting yesterday, the state Soil and Water Conservation Commission received Durham SWCD's letter (as an information item) objecting to the state's override of #PhoebeGooding's appointment. I only realized this today, or I would have attended and spoken during the public comment period. I am writing now to ask that you please email the members of this commission while the iron is warm and ask that they "honor the Durham SWCD board's nomination and appoint Phoebe Gooding to the Durham SWCD board." If this is all you have time to write/paste, that's fine; but a sentence about your concerns would be great.

Here are the addresses of the people (state commission board members) you should send your email to: ridgeriders4 at embarqmail.com, bdpotterfarms at embarqmail.com, mtncrestllc at yahoo.com, blountknowles at gmail.com, chrishughes at chrishughes.com, chrishogan9786 at gmail.com, vernon.cox at ncagr.gov.

And here is more information on the situation: http://www.melissarooneywriting.com/blog/2021/12/petition-against-the-states-overriding-of-durhams-nomination-for-appointed-soil-and-water-conservation-district-supervisor/

https://www.ncagr.gov/SWC/commission/aboutthecommission.html

Thanks for caring and sharing!
Melissa (Rooney)
Note that I am an Associate Supervisor on Durham’s SWCD, though I am writing *solely* as a concerned Durham citizen here.