[Durham INC] Fwd: ABCD in Action: Building Blocks January 2021

bonita green nitab48 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 13:28:57 EST 2022

Please accept my apoligies for the multiples of emails this morning. Im
playing catch up and have come across some really good information.

[image: ABCD in Action_2021 2.png]

*Building Blocks: January 2021*

*News from *ABCD In Action
<https://abcdinaction.org/mailer/link/943653/3196>
*This year is starting off with a wealth of learning and connecting
opportunities! *

Check out this newsletter to find out about how to participate in upcoming
ABCD Global Gatherings, register for the *Introduction to ABCD* training
with the ABCD Institute, engage with the Rural ABCD Community of Practice
and connect with people from around the world who are exploring what
happens when we see our communities from an asset-based perspective.
------------------------------
*Upcoming ABCD Global Gatherings*
<https://abcdinaction.org/mailer/link/943654/3196>

*There is no cost to participate in the Global Gatherings, so do join us if
you can! *

[image: gratitude.jpg]

*How does Gratitude fit into Asset-Based Community Development? *
<https://abcdinaction.org/mailer/link/943655/3196>

How does being grateful and then extending an invitation to others to also
be grateful prove to be a powerful community-building tool? Jeff Yost from
the Nebraska Community Foundation is looking forward to co-hosting as we
explore this question together.

   - Register for January 26 2022, 9:00 AM CST
   <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/227916934687>*
   - Register for January 27 2022, 5:00 PM CST
   <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/227932100047>*

** We will be hosting two Global Gatherings that focus on the same
question. Please register for only one of these.*

[image: Global GatheringNeighboring.jpg]
*What If "Neighbor" Meant More Than Just the People Living Next Door?*
<https://abcdinaction.org/mailer/link/943656/3196>

Let's explore what it might look like if we made the word "neighbor" mean
something more than just the people who live immediately around you. What
new resident-led, participant-driven or grassroots collaborations could
happen in your area if we focused some attention on our streets? Joel
Zaslofsky is excited to co-host this session to explore street-level
“neighboring”.

   - Thursday, February 17 at 9:00 am CST
   <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/250795836097>*
   - Wednesday, February 23 at 5:00 pm CST
   <https://www.eventbrite.com/e/250810650407>*

 ** We will be hosting two Global Gatherings that focus on the same
question. Please register for only one of these.*
<https://abcdinaction.org/mailer/link/943656/3196>
------------------------------
*Partnering with the ABCD Institute*

[image: square winter virtual workshop.png]

The ABCD Institute is offering a four-part series, “An Introduction To ABCD
<https://abcdinaction.org/mailer/link/943657/3196>”, on *January 29,
February 5, 12, and 19, from 10 am to 3 pm CST*. This dynamic 18-hour
workshop will introduce the core principles and applications of Asset-Based
Community Development (ABCD) in the context of local communities.
Conversations about equity and social justice will enable participants to
think deeper about responses to these challenges.

To learn more about this learning opportunity
<https://abcdinaction.org/mailer/link/943657/3196>
------------------------------

[image: whatshappeningclipart1resized5.jpg]
*What's Happening on ABCD in Action? *

*Forum:*

   -

   City Of Johannesburg
<https://abcdinaction.org/mailer/link/943658/3196>: Connect
   with Ronald, the newly appointed Member of the Mayoral Committee (MMC)
   for Community Development in the City of Johannesburg.
   -

   My Street Neighboring Project: What To Name It, How To Fund It, And How
   To Measure It? <https://abcdinaction.org/mailer/link/943659/3196> Join Joel
   to talk about what “neighboring” looks like in your part of the world.
   -

   ABCD And Policy <https://abcdinaction.org/mailer/link/943660/3196>:
Fasoranti
   would love to hear from you if you’ve used ABCD and other community-based,
   citizen-drive initiatives to drive policy.
   -

   ABCD Asia Pacific Network - Feedback Needed
   <https://abcdinaction.org/mailer/link/943661/3196>: Do you live in the
   Asia Pacific part of the world? Connect with Dee and the ABCD Asia Pacific
   Network!

*If you would like to add a question or start a new conversation, go to the
Forum <https://abcdinaction.org/mailer/link/943662/3196> and click on the
category that best represents your desired topic. Then click on the + sign
to post a new discussion. For more detailed directions, check out our How
to Post (FAQ) <https://abcdinaction.org/mailer/link/943663/3196> page.*

*Blogs and Stories:*

***You can share your own stories
<https://abcdinaction.org/mailer/link/943664/3196> and engage with previous
Blogs <https://abcdinaction.org/mailer/link/943665/3196> and Stories
<https://abcdinaction.org/mailer/link/943666/3196>.  The authors of the
blogs and stories would love it if you'd comment on what they've written!
Remember that you must be a member and logged in to comment***

*Rebekah Scher *

   - Rural ABCD Community Of Practice 2022 Update
   <https://abcdinaction.org/mailer/link/943667/3196>: Rebekah shares what
   the Rural ABCD Community of Practice has been up to and how you can get
   involved.

------------------------------
*Other Upcoming Events*

   - Rural ABCD Community of Practice meetings
   <https://abcdinaction.org/mailer/link/943668/3196>
      - January 27 - 10:00 AM ET, February 24 - 10:00 AM ET and March 23 -
      10:00 AM ET
      - This group meets monthly to talk and learn from each other about
      our rural ABCD work. All are welcome!
   - Storytelling And Harvesting Workshop
   <https://abcdinaction.org/mailer/link/943669/3196>
      - February 2 - 9:30 AM AEDT
      - This workshop is for anyone interested in building their ability to
      capture and tell stories.
   - Introduction To Asset Based Community Development (ABCD)
   <https://abcdinaction.org/mailer/link/943670/3196>
      - The training is *hosted over 3 sessions*: February 7, February 8
      and February 21 - 9:30 AM to 1:30 PM AEDT
      - This workshop will be focusing on how to utilise ABCD skills while
      working with our communities.
   - Asset Based Community Development (ABCD) For Inclusion
   <https://abcdinaction.org/mailer/link/943671/3196>
      - This is *hosted over 3 sessions*: March 7, March 8 and March 9 -
      9:30 to 12:30 AEDT
      - Through this workshop participants will learn, discuss and practice
      person centred and community centred approaches

*To post your own events: Just log in, go to your own profile by clicking
on your name in the menu bar, and then clicking on the Events tab in the
menu below your name. Click on the + button and you're ready to start
posting! Questions? Contact Deb at abcd at abcdinaction.org
<abcdinaction at gmail.com>*
------------------------------

[image: facebookreactionsofficial20161920.jpg]
*Join ABCD in Action on Facebook! *

Did you know we have an active group of people interested in ABCD on
Facebook? Join this lively conversation!
<https://www.facebook.com/groups/429625007423984/>

*Share this newsletter with a friend or colleague! ABCD in Action is the
largest online community exploring how to put asset-based community
development (ABCD) principles into practice. Join us!
<https://abcdinaction.org/mailer/link/943672/3196>*
<https://abcdinaction.org/mailer/link/943672/3196>
Need to adjust what notifications you receive? View your Notification
Preferences:
Notification Preferences
<http://abcdinaction.org/user/notifications/r=1/cid=7f39f8317fbdb1988ef4c628eba02591>

Alternately you can unsubscribe and disable all notifications:
Disable all Notifications
<http://abcdinaction.org/user/unsubscribe/3c8c6350dfecbe4ea3031af56cb82ee3/cid=7f39f8317fbdb1988ef4c628eba02591>