[Durham INC] Fw: Durham Parks and Recreation Community Engagement Study

Smith, Annette Annette.Smith at durhamnc.gov
Wed Jan 26 10:56:38 EST 2022

From: Info, DPR <DPRInfo at durhamnc.gov>
Sent: Wednesday, January 26, 2022 10:27 AM
To: Info, DPR <DPRInfo at durhamnc.gov>
Subject: Durham Parks and Recreation Community Engagement Study

In 2019, the City of Durham developed a Core Equity and Inclusion initiative for the development of strategies and actions that will reduce racial inequities and improve success for all residents and employees of the City of Durham. The aim is to identify and eliminate barriers that prevent the full participation of people of color.

One part of our strategy is to implement Equity Pilot Projects. Participating departments will be asked to apply a Racial Equity Impact Assessment tool which will:

  *   support consideration of equitable racial and/or economic outcomes
  *   require purposeful consideration of race
  *   focus on data collected and encourage employee/community input/ involvement

After discussion with our director we have decided to participate with our Equity Pilot Project on Durham Parks and Recreation (DPR) and Community Engagement. To gain a more insightful prospective of past engagement we invite you to participate in a brief survey.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to complete the survey.

Survey link: https://forms.office.com/g/r3usBFwirB

Sincerely,

The Racial Equity Pilot Project Team

Parks and Recreation, City of Durham

400 Cleveland Street

Durham, NC 27701

P 919-560-4355

DPRinfo at DurhamNC.gov<https://outlook.office365.com/mail/DPRInfo@durhamnc.gov/options/mail/messageContent/DPRinfo@DurhamNC.gov>

DPRPlayMore.org<http://dprplaymore.org/>

[1518707705803_facebook_2.png]<https://www.facebook.com/dprplaymore/>  <https://twitter.com/dprplaymore> [1518707718338_twitter_003.png] <https://twitter.com/dprplaymore>   [1518707723901_instagram_003.png] <https://www.instagram.com/dprplaymore/>   [1518707730490_youtube_003.png] <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_l79SbFwqZTE-EedVbp9uA>

Play More: Connecting our whole community to
wellness, the outdoors, and lifelong learning.

[1518708123227_City]

Email correspondence to and from this sender may be subject to the
North Carolina Public Records Law and can be disclosed to third parties.