[Durham INC] Map of all small lot permits filed since 2019 through Sept 2021

Tom Miller tom-miller1 at nc.rr.com
Sun Feb 20 11:22:37 EST 2022

Thanks, David.

From: INC-list [mailto:inc-list-bounces at lists.deltaforce.net] On Behalf Of David Eklund
Sent: Sunday, February 20, 2022 11:15 AM
To: inc-list at lists.deltaforce.net
Subject: [Durham INC] Map of all small lot permits filed since 2019 through Sept 2021

Hello,

As mentioned in the minutes, there was some discussion on the use of the new small lot option in the last INC meeting and how it might be connected to teardowns. I've been working with some members of the data team at the city so they were able to provide a dataset of all the small lot permits that have come through the LDO since the program's inception. Here is a map of all of them (though the dataset seems to end in September):

smalllotpermits.jpg

Keep in mind this is for all permits of all statuses - several of them have been marked as disapproved or as needing corrections.

I have more data than what is presented here that I'll be looking more into (and also trying to get any more recently submitted permits), including the exact addresses, permit numbers, and dates, so let me know if anyone would be interested in the raw dataset or additional information. I'm also trying to see if I can link together demolition permits to see if I can get a better perspective on how many of these might involve teardowns and how that compares to overall teardown trends. In particular several of the clusters seem to be splitting up some larger currently empty lots:

image.jpg
image(1).jpg

David