[Durham INC] Please Support Gap Funding For Affordable Housing In The Bragtown Community

bonita green nitab48 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 10:23:49 EST 2022

https://www.change.org/BragtownCommunity

We, the Bragtown Community Association need your help. Bragtown desperately
needs more affordable housing, and the Sandy Ridge affordable development
would bring 132 units of affordable housing for families and 66 units of
affordable housing for seniors to the neighborhood. The BCA has spent
countless hours advocating to ensure this development would make a
difference for Bragtown residents. Now we are asking for support in
advocating to receive gap funding available through the city’s Affordable
Housing Bond. If gap funding is not allocated to projects in Bragtown, none
of the 160 million included in this bond effort will be spent in the
neighborhood. Bragtown Residents have increased property taxes due to this
bond the city must invest back in our community rather than contribute to
the wave of displacement. Please sign this petition to let Durham know that
you support gap funding for the Sandy Ridge affordable development in
Bragtown.

 Thank you,

Vanessa Mason Evans
Chair of the Bragtown Community Association

be a kind human
Bonita Green