[Durham INC] Fwd: Weekly Newsletter: March 15

bonita green nitab48 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 16:42:55 EDT 2022

Updates from the LATIN-19 community; Agenda for 3/16
[image: Updates from the LATIN-19 community; Agenda for 3/16]
[image: LATIN-19 Logo] <https://t.e2ma.net/click/2vmxsh/mrojumf/mzqqj6>
Weekly Newsletter | 3.15.22

Current Facts and Figures

   - Number of vaccines given at LATIN-19 clinics — 15,526
   - Numbers of rapid COVID-19 tests given since September 2021 — 1877
   - Percentage of NC population (ages 5+) at least partially vaccinated —
   69%
   - Percentage of people partially vaccinated in NC who identify as
   Hispanic — 9%
   - Percentage of Hispanic population partially vaccinated in NC - 58%
   - Hispanic population in NC — 9.8%
   - Percentage of Hispanic COVID-19 cases in NC — 16%

*We use the term Hispanic to be consistent with the official NC DHHS
Dashboard <https://t.e2ma.net/click/2vmxsh/mrojumf/2rrqj6>

Agenda for 3.16.22

1. *Drs. Rosa Gonzalez-Guarda and Gabriela Nagy, *Duke and *Rachel Galanter*,
El Futuro: CHW Mental Health Training Feedback
2. *LATIN-19 Executive Committee*, LATIN-19: Two-Year Anniversary
Celebration
3. Updates from the LATIN-19 Executive Team
Join the Zoom Meeting <https://t.e2ma.net/click/2vmxsh/mrojumf/iksqj6>

News and Announcements

COVID Testing
The USPS site to order free COVID-19 tests is live in English
<https://t.e2ma.net/click/2vmxsh/mrojumf/yctqj6> and Spanish
<https://t.e2ma.net/click/2vmxsh/mrojumf/e5tqj6>.

   - Limit of one order per residential address
   - One order includes 4 individual rapid antigen COVID-19 test
   - Orders will ship free starting in late January

If you're looking for an in-person COVID test, we encourage you to use
the NCDHHS
Test Site Finder website <https://t.e2ma.net/click/2vmxsh/mrojumf/uxuqj6>
to find a location and time.

Vaccine Appointments and Walk-Ins
We're working to support mobile clinics across the Triangle. You can view our
spreadsheet <https://t.e2ma.net/click/2vmxsh/mrojumf/aqvqj6> to see
upcoming vaccine clinics for the Latina community. You are welcome to share
this resource with others. If you would like to add a clinic, please submit
the information to hola at latin19.org
<hola at latin19.org?subject=Vaccine%20Clinic>

"Increasing Diversity in the Legal Profession"
March 19, 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. | Register Online by March 16
<https://t.e2ma.net/click/2vmxsh/mrojumf/qiwqj6>

This Saturday, the Mecklenburg County Bar will host a free one-day Zoom
conference designed to encourage diverse college and high school students
to explore a career in the legal profession. The conference will include
panels with law school representatives, law students, local attorneys, and
judges as well as keynote speaker, Mr. Kodwo Ghartey-Tagoe, executive vice
president, chief legal officer and corporate secretary for Duke Energy.
Parents are welcome to attend.

Questions? Email diversityday at meckbar.org
<https://t.e2ma.net/click/2vmxsh/mrojumf/6axqj6>

Author Talk: Grace Li, *Portrait of a Thief*

*April 16, 6 p.m. ET | Register Online
<https://t.e2ma.net/click/2vmxsh/mrojumf/m3xqj6>*
Join Duke Medical Ethics Journal as they host Grace Li
<https://t.e2ma.net/click/2vmxsh/mrojumf/2vyqj6>, Duke Biology '17, Netflix
optioned author of *Portrait of a Thief*, and Standford medical student,
for an evening of literature, medicine, and cultural celebration featuring
catering from local restaurants, a Q&A session with Grace, and a book
signing.

Open Positions
Bilingual CMA/LPN | Duke/Lincoln Community Clinics | Learn more and apply
as an LPN <https://t.e2ma.net/click/2vmxsh/mrojumf/iozqj6> | Learn more and
apply as a CMA <https://t.e2ma.net/click/2vmxsh/mrojumf/yg0qj6>
Bilingual Parenting Coach & Family Therapist | Exchange Family Center | Learn
more and apply <https://t.e2ma.net/click/2vmxsh/mrojumf/e90qj6>.
Give Your Thoughts and Ideas
We welcome your feedback about weekly meetings, ongoing initiatives, and
organizational priorities. You are also welcome to submit news and
announcements to be shared with our broader community.
Submit a Form <https://t.e2ma.net/click/2vmxsh/mrojumf/u11qj6>

Weekly Meeting Minutes
We keep a record of meeting minutes for all Wednesday meetings in a Google
Drive folder. This folder also contains slide presentations and other
useful PDFs.
View Meeting Minutes <https://t.e2ma.net/click/2vmxsh/mrojumf/au2qj6>

[image: Twitter] <https://t.e2ma.net/click/2vmxsh/mrojumf/qm3qj6> [image:
Facebook] <https://t.e2ma.net/click/2vmxsh/mrojumf/6e4qj6>

latin19.org
hola at latin19.org
*Share this email:*
[image: Email] <https://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/e/2vmxsh/mrojumf> [image:
Twitter] <https://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/t/2vmxsh/mrojumf> [image:
Facebook] <https://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/f/2vmxsh/mrojumf> [image:
LinkedIn] <https://t.e2ma.net/share/outbound/l/2vmxsh/mrojumf>
*Manage*
<https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/1939847/1928592/454585744/11643536784/?s=Q06x4mksq8FWtsdRNq2VIY1QpVR1UE-VHBFOBTS1Rwc>
your preferences | *Opt out*
<https://t.e2ma.net/optout/2vmxsh/mrojumf?s=_M-fBXo4NjlyKLaC3Q8Y_gVa_DidQBW-d0iwAfvcgGs>
using *TrueRemove*™
Got this as a forward? *Sign up*
<https://app.e2ma.net/app2/audience/signup/1939847/1928592.454585744/> to
receive our future emails.
View this email *online* <https://t.e2ma.net/message/2vmxsh/mrojumf>.
2301 Erwin Road
Durham, NC | 27705 US <#m_-7969443423403323317_m_-469732688257051128_>
This email was sent to merrickmoorecommunity at gmail.com.
*To continue receiving our emails, add us to your address book.*
<http://merrickmoorecommunity@gmail.com>

[image: powered by emma] <https://t.e2ma.net/click/2vmxsh/mrojumf/m74qj6>