[Durham INC] Question about short-term rentals (aka "AirBnBs") in Durham

R Z richard.ziglar at gmail.com
Wed May 18 18:07:35 EDT 2022

Hi folks,

A neighbor in Burch Ave was asking me about laws regulating AirBnBs in
Durham, especially in light of that recent ruling against Wilmington's
former regulations. I think the issue there was you could not regulate by
permit but could regulate by having zones where only hotel-like things are
allowed.

Are there any regs now in Durham concerning short-term rentals in
neighborhoods? What state laws do or can impact such regulations if there
are or were regs in Durham?

Thanks,

Richard Ziglar