[Durham INC] Today, Saturday, Beaver Queen Pageant

Laura Drey lauradrey at ncrrbiz.com
Sat Jun 4 11:50:02 EDT 2022

Click to view this email in a browser <http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/1805101/92ab21069d/547614625/390194f515/>

> From: "Ellerbe Creek Watershed Association" <Ellerbe_Creek_Watershed_Associat at mail.vresp.com>

 <https://cts.vresp.com/c/?EllerbeCreekWatershe/92ab21069d/390194f515/dfa86ad4b4>
 <https://cts.vresp.com/c/?EllerbeCreekWatershe/92ab21069d/390194f515/e289d03355/q=https://beaverqueen.swell.gives/&sa=D&source=docs&ust=1653596261068537&usg=AOvVaw1RcMXCRTi1krpLNgJk_nh4>
We Have A Winner!

Thank you to all who entered in the drawing for the two Very Important Beaver (VIB) tickets! We would like to congratulate Sarah S. for winning the drawing!

Enter Our Final Drawing for a "Peace, Love, Beaver" Car Magnet

There is still time to win a prize! Vote at beaverqueen.org <https://cts.vresp.com/c/?EllerbeCreekWatershe/92ab21069d/390194f515/9916408faa> anytime between today and 4 PM on Saturday and be entered into a drawing to win a "Peace, Love, Beaver" car magnet! You know you want one!
The Beaver Queen Pageant Story

We are so excited for the 18th Annual Beaver Queen Pageant coming up this Saturday, June 4th in Duke Park! On this #ThrowbackThursday, we wanted to take a moment to remember the pageant’s history and all of its amazingness. Over the last 17 years, the pageant has raised over $221,000 for Ellerbe Creek Watershed Association (ECWA) <https://cts.vresp.com/c/?EllerbeCreekWatershe/92ab21069d/390194f515/a4355bad8e>.

The first event was held in April of 2005 in celebration of a successful community effort by the Duke Park neighborhood to stop the NC Department of Transportation from eradicating a den of beavers that had taken up residence in wetlands north of I-85. Beverly Woody was crowned the first Beaver Queen following an amazing clog dancing routine.

Also, speaking of throwbacks, remember that time last year when the pageant was virtual and so contestants could join from anywhere in the world? Well Beavermeister Meisterbeaver came straight out of Texas and won the pageant! We are so excited to announce that Beavermeister Meisterbeaver will be joining us all the way from Texas! All Hail the mighty Beaver Queen!

As we head into the weekend, don’t forget to:

Binge watch past episodes of the pageant on the Beaver Lodge Local 1504’s YouTube <https://cts.vresp.com/c/?EllerbeCreekWatershe/92ab21069d/390194f515/6718100e1c> page. A fan-favorite to look for is Disco Beaver Fever <https://cts.vresp.com/c/?EllerbeCreekWatershe/92ab21069d/390194f515/f0a0db36ef/v=dInTETnQZ5Q> from BQP 2007!
Head on over to beaverqueen.org <https://cts.vresp.com/c/?EllerbeCreekWatershe/92ab21069d/390194f515/b369899a47> and VOTE for your favorite contestant(s). Remember a vote for a contestant is a vote for clean water and green open space in downtown Durham.
Share this email with a friend, and invite them to meet you in the Duke Park Meadow this Saturday at 4 PM!

P.S. We are excited to announce the addition of So Good Pupusas Food Truck <https://cts.vresp.com/c/?EllerbeCreekWatershe/92ab21069d/390194f515/151fcb6967> to our food truck lineup. Come to the pageant hungry to enjoy food from So Good Pupusas, El Jefecito Food Truck, Fahsyrah's Fresh Squeezed Lemonade Stand, and LocoPops!
 <https://cts.vresp.com/c/?EllerbeCreekWatershe/92ab21069d/390194f515/4acdacdbd8/q=https://beaverqueen.swell.gives/sponsors&sa=D&source=docs&ust=1653596261068266&usg=AOvVaw2_kse4ubvJqxLs-B8DY6mJ>

Click here <http://oi.vresp.com/f2af/v4/send_to_friend.html?ch=92ab21069d&lid=547614625&ldh=390194f515> to forward this email to a friend

Ellerbe Creek Watershed Association
P.O. Box 2679