[Durham INC] Fw: Until Further Notice: Please Place garbage Carts Out By 5 a.m. Due to Heat

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 13 16:48:09 EDT 2022

________________________________
From: City of Durham Communications <Communications at durhamnc.gov>
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2022 1:47 PM
Subject: Until Further Notice: Please Place Carts Out By 5 a.m. Due to Heat

Due to the extreme heat that is likely to continue through the summer, our Solid Waste Management Collection crews are now starting daily curbside collections one hour earlier than normal to avoid the worst heat of the day.

Until further notice, we request that garbage, recycling, and yard waste carts as well as scheduled bulky pickups be placed at your curb no later than 5 a.m.

For the safety of our crews, we are trying to complete curbside collections each day before the worst of the afternoon heat. Setting your carts out the night before, or no later than 5 a.m. on your collection day, enables us to begin collections earlier and complete them earlier.

Thank you for helping to keep our frontline workers safe this summer!

Sincerely,

City of Durham Solid Waste Management Department

Helpful Links:

-         Summer Heat Collections Change Notice: https://www.durhamnc.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=3195

-         Find Your Collection Day and Download our Free Durham Rollout App: https://www.durhamnc.gov/3025/Find-Collection-Day-Holiday-Schedule-Cal

-         Daily Solid Waste Collections Status: https://www.durhamnc.gov/2798/Solid-Waste-Collections-Status