[Durham INC] Town hall with candidates for 10th seat on the NC Apellate Court

Stephen Knill knillsj at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 08:53:19 EDT 2022

The contestants for the 10th seat on the NC Appellate Court.
Two judges, Gail Murray Adams and John M. Tyson answered questions intended to distinguish their approach to the bench.
Unfortunately, one of the candidates joined us late and then had significant technical problems. The combination threw-off our intended format, and introduced significant audio problems. That being said, this is the best opportunity most of us will have to meet and distinguish the candidates for this critical office.
With topics including the influence of party affiliation, age restrictions, how each interprets the Constitution, how their personal life experiences may influence their decisions, and some history lessons of the NC courts, I hope you too find it worth the challenges to get to the “beef”.
https://youtu.be/Jb5gBWh4GW0