[Durham INC] New Bull City Wrap Begins September 19

City of Durham Communications Communications at durhamnc.gov
Mon Sep 19 09:25:06 EDT 2022

[Title: New on Bull City Wrap - Description: A weekly video news program from the City of Durham Communications Department dedicated to informing residents about what's going on inside Durham's City Hall.]

New Bull City Wrap<https://youtu.be/Rs8rUg6Wtss> Begins September 19

Miss any of our daily Bull City Today episodes<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLeX6M8cvLwPfuUBI2bXZlMP5q8Mi0mk7>? Catch up now on your local government news with Bull City Wrap<https://youtu.be/Rs8rUg6Wtss>.

*       Durham Community Land Trustees, Inc.<https://cityordinances.durhamnc.gov/OnBaseAgendaOnline/Meetings/ViewMeeting?id=545&doctype=1> and Habitat for Humanity of Durham, Inc.<https://cityordinances.durhamnc.gov/OnBaseAgendaOnline/Meetings/ViewMeeting?id=545&doctype=1> will receive funding from our Community Development Department in order to support their non-profit operations to help keep current projects under construction and on schedule despite pandemic-related challenges.

*       Our Community Safety Department is renewing two contracts<https://cityordinances.durhamnc.gov/OnBaseAgendaOnline/Meetings/ViewMeeting?id=545&doctype=1> with the North Carolina Administrative Office of the Courts to fund a Durham County District Attorney's Office Assistant District Attorney and Legal Assistant for domestic violence cases and an Assistant District Attorney for gang violence related cases.

*       For the first time since 2010, taxicab fares<https://cityordinances.durhamnc.gov/OnBaseAgendaOnline/Meetings/ViewMeeting?id=545&doctype=1> in Durham will be going up. In response to increased gas prices, insurance costs, and other market pressures, the City Council has approved an increase for per mile and wait time charges.

*       If you want to learn more about the history of our area, be sure to plan to spend weekends throughout the fall at West Point on the Eno<https://anc.apm.activecommunities.com/dprplaymore/activity/search/detail/11394?onlineSiteId=0&locale=en-US&from_original_cui=true>. We share the focus of free special tours provided by Durham Parks and Recreation staff as well as how you can take part.

*       Thanks to a $5.7 million federal transit grant<https://www.transit.dot.gov/funding/grants/fy22-fta-bus-and-low-and-no-emission-grant-awards> to our Transportation Department, six new battery-electric GoDurham buses will soon be helping our efforts to reduce emissions.

About Bull City Wrap

Bull City Wrap<https://durhamnc.gov/1104/Durham-Television-Network>, a weekly video news program from the City of Durham Communications Department dedicated to informing residents about what's going on inside Durham's City Hall, airs daily on Durham Television Network<https://durhamnc.gov/1104/Durham-Television-Network> (Spectrum channel 8, Frontier channel 70, and AT&T U-verse channel 99), YouTube<https://youtube.com/CityofDurhamNC>, and Spreaker<https://www.spreaker.com/user/cityofdurham>. For more information call (919) 560-4123 and follow @CityofDurhamNC on Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/CityofDurhamNC>, Twitter<https://twitter.com/CityofDurhamNC>, Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/cityofdurhamnc/>, and Nextdoor<https://nextdoor.com/agency/city-of-durham/?i=ccllxcjccsybhwtngfcb>. To unsubscribe visit our website<https://durhamnc.gov/list.aspx>.