[Durham INC] Opportunity to improve quality of life in near-duke neighborhoods?

Mary Molina mymolina49 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 4 17:40:29 EDT 2022

Who is behind this campaign and how can folks plug into meetings? Who are the contacts or where can we find links to more information?
Kind regards,Mary

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Tuesday, October 4, 2022, 5:27 PM, Debra Hawkins <dhawkins913311 at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Frank hope you're doing well... I'm only a former delegate like you and citizen comms committee member, but of all the ideas with all their hurdles and advantages, this one seems like a possible winner - and worth getting behind. Newly broken into the top 10 tertiary institutions in the country Duke with its enormous endowment seems like it's capable and ready to move in this direction; a good fall back negotiation could be similar to what other schools of their caliber have in place which is to require on campus residents for at least the lower three undergraduate years AKA all but the senior class. Any level of increase in the on-campus requirement, as soon as it is doable, and even if done in phases, is still a win for the community housing situation. Phasing maybe kind on the University, the students/families, housing seekers and local landlords alike, is currently held Lisa's by the student population naturally expire. (An exception for the Greek communities with off campus owned frats or sorority dwellings may also be necessary.)
D Hawkins