[Durham INC] Remembering Harry Dawley

mwshiflett at outlook.com mwshiflett at outlook.com
Mon Oct 10 20:58:07 EDT 2022

I am saddened to see this post just now (almost 9pm).

Harry was President of INC in the late 90's when I was President of WHHNA.  I believe he may have served several terms but I know it was immediately before I became President.

He and his partner (Dee?) were unique and threw phenomenal parties on Gregson.   The house still stands (next to a tear down).   He was the consummate southern gentleman.  He was thoughtful and an excellent debater to the point that he challenged you to reconsider you point of view.    He was respected and honorable.

I wish I could have gone to his memorial service to have said so.

Thanks, Tom, for posting this.

He and Dee are in my prayers!

Mike