[Durham INC] Join Us! Food Justice Conversations

bonita green nitab48 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 10:24:23 EDT 2022

-

*Join us on October 20 from 4-5pm EST!*

Register here
<https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_WyKqHjGaR36zw_f1MoZVFg>

We are stronger together. Cooperative and collective systems challenge the
myth of the individual farmer, alone on a tractor in the middle of a
monocultural commodity crop field. To achieve food justice and a
sustainable food system, we must shift away from narratives and practices
that maintain our exploitative and extractive systems. Helga Garza and
Delia Jovel, bringing their experience and expertise, will lead us in a
conversation on cooperative farming.

*Spanish/English interpretation provided by Full Circle Interpreting.*

Please see Spanish and English language attached flyers for speaker bios
and more information.

Note: This is the first of two webinars in a Food Justice Conversation
series. Part two focuses on collective farming models. Date, time, and
speakers TBA!

For questions, reach out to phoebe at toxicfreenc.org

In community,
Phoebe

--
*Phoebe Gooding, M.S. **(she/her)*
*Program and Organizing Director*
phoebe at toxicfreenc.org
(919) 589-3589
*Hawk's Nest Healing Gardens* <https://www.hawksnesthealinggardens.com/>
*Durham County occupies the ancestral, traditional, and contemporary land
of the Eno, Lumbee, Sappony, Shakori, and Tuscarora
peoples. https://native-land.ca/ <https://native-land.ca/>*
--
be a kind human
Bonita Green