[Durham INC] Fw: Community Feedback Needed for Future of US 70 East Corridor

Stephen Knill knillsj at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 07:06:31 EST 2022

An area in discussion is from 885 to the Wake county line on 70. It’s been on the drawing boards for quite a while. DCHC wants it to be a Boulevard while NCDOT has done planning for and is funding a highway with off ramps. That takes pass through drivers from 85 to 40 via 885 and 540. Off ramps and overpasses are part of the plan.
The corresponding Wake group has already set plans for their side to be a highway. The concern is that if DCHC goes a different direction than NCDOT, they may just move their money elsewhere. We have had conversations with Reps. Zack Hawkins and Mike Woodard about it as they are on the transportation committee.

Stephen Knill
Mobile +1 917 620 4941
knillsj at gmail.com

Sent from my iPhone