[Durham INC] Fascinating discussion about Affordable Housing at CC Work session Thursday.

Stephen Knill knillsj at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 10:42:27 EST 2023

Starts at 2 hours and goes to 3:11.
Top line observations:
Our CC knows so little about development that it's frightening they get to be the decision makers.
I did not see anyone from the Planning Department there which is odd considering the subject.
This conversation shows again that Durham does not invest in generational wealth like other nearby communities.
Developers again stated they want more space opened up (even if there is no infrastructure to support additional housing.)
The SCAD amendment got pitched as a good thing. It seems the builder who talked about it only knows the parts that might have positive effect and not the scary stuff we are uncovering.
Watch if you can make the time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bs-VJU4DgY