[Durham INC] Please share - Dementia Inclusive workshop April 29

Susan Sewell mssewell2009 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 30 10:45:51 EDT 2023

I am on the board of Dementia Inclusive Inc, working to achieve a
dementia inclusive Durham County (and state, and country when we partner
with others) We are holding an introduction workshop on Saturday, April 29
and I ask that you share the attached flyer widely. I have copied key
information below so you can also share just this email.
Susan Sewell

"Dementia-inclusivity is vital for the well-being of individuals living
with dementia, People who are still interested and able to learn, engage in
interesting experiences, and enjoy being socially connected.
Dementia-inclusivity
is an outward expression that societies support and want to include people
living with dementia by making helpful accommodations and modifications.
The more dementia-inclusivity that exists, the more normalized lives people
living with dementia can have. " from Dementia Alliance

Creating an inclusive community of understanding, advocacy and support
Join us on Saturday, April 29, 10 am to 2 pm
Check-in begins at 9:30 am
Durham County Human Services Building: 414 E. Main St, Durham, NC 27701
Free, including a light lunch.
Keynote Address by Jay Reinstein who is living well with early onset
dementia

Register by clicking on the link below
https://duke.yul1.qualtrics.com/jfe/preview/previewId/d4f8a4ab-e093-44e4-85b4-1b47020bc122/SV_6hhV3dLLmvKnlUa?Q_CHL=preview&Q_SurveyVersionID=current
Or call 984-287-9399