[Durham INC] Minutes of Special April 11 INC delegate meeting

Pat Carstensen pats1717 at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 16 09:17:09 EDT 2023

Special Delegate Meeting

InterNeighborhood Council of Durham, Via Zoom

April 11, 2023

Attending the meeting were:

Neighborhoods

Bragtown – Donna Frederick

Burch Avenue – Richard Ziglar

Cross Counties – Pat Carstensen (not a current member)

Leesville Road Coalition – Steven Knill

Long Meadow – Pakis Bessias

Merrick-Moore – Bonita Green

Morehead Hill – Bruce Mitchell

Old North Durham – Mimi O’Brien

Tuscaloosa-Lakewood – Susan Sewell

Watts Hospital Hillandale – Tom Miller

President Bonita Green called the meeting to order, welcomed everyone and reminded participants about the resolution we will be voting on tonight.

Based on our report of March 8, INC opposes the proposed SCAD changes to the UDO.

Via a voice vote, the nine voting delegates voted unanimously to support the resolution.

We will publish this on our website and send an official letter to the elected officials.  We would be interested in talking to the SCAD proponents about what changes could be supported by both sides of the issue.

Thanks to all who worked on the presentation of our analysis.   Neighborhoods should get ready to share their opinions at the Council meeting; we will get out organizing information.