[Durham INC] Candidate town halls start Wednesday August 23rd.

Stephen Knill knillsj at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 20:55:39 EDT 2023

Meet the candidates that will influence your property taxes, provide clean water,

maintain sidewalks and roads, and operates our fire, police and 911 departments.

4 of the 7 positions on City Council (the Mayor + 6) will be decided. Since turnout

for municipals are very low in Durham, your vote will be especially impactful.

The primary election will take place on October 10th, and the general election on

November 7th. Mail in and early voting will be available for both elections.

19 of the 20 candidates in the primary - 8 for mayor, 12 for at-large City Council)

have committed to the town halls presented by the Leesville Road Coalition and

the InterNeighborhood Council of Durham.

City Council town halls

23-Aug - Javiera Caballero, Bonita Green and Shelia Huggins

28-Aug - Nate Baker, Monigue Holsey-Hyman, Renee Vaughan

30-Aug - Shenetta Burris, J.J. Campbel

6-Sep - Khalilah Karim, Carl Rist, Sherri Zann Rosenthal

Mayoral town halls

11-Sep - DeDreana Freeman, Leonardo Williams

13-Sep - C. Burruss, Sylvester Williams, Mike Woodard

20-Sep - Jonatae Dunston, Marshall Williams Jr. Nick Petiford

Every meeting will start at 7PM. We recommend you come in about 10 minutes

early to be sure you have a slot and to test your system. The log in for all

townhalls will be https://meet.goto.com/236441773
Please note the previous link was missing a character

Stephen Knill
knillsj at gmail.com<mailto:knillsj at gmail.com>
+(917) 620-4941